Pickup bed tonneau cover

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #1  

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
I want a pickup bed tonneau cover for my new Ram Power Wagon. I have a roll up one on my Ford. I would like a slide up/fold up type hard tonneau cover. I see they range in price from $400 to $4000. The $4K model better have features that I dare not mention here on TBN.

What have you guys found to be acceptable and for less than $1500? The PW will be garaged except when in use.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover
Amazing. Mrmikey - I was considering the Back Flip MX4. The bed of the PW may be somewhat unique having a RamBox Cargo Mgmt System. The tech that I talked to said they had two models that could fit( 6' or 6.5' ). I'm going to wait til it gets here and do an actual bed measurement, look/see, myself. The language Ram uses is not familiar to me. They call the bed of the PW - a six foot cargo box. I don't know if that means an actual 6' bed or a 6.5 foot bed reduced to 6' because of this Cargo Mgmt system.

The price is right and I sure like the way it looks. Thanks Happy New Year Oosik

Last edited:
George - I looked at those Peragons also. Tech said, unfortunately, they don't have a model that will fit.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #6  
If I remember right Oosik, Ram beds are a bit shorter than the norm.....Mike

Mike - I'm beginning to wonder if that's not the case.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #8  
I looked it up on the site for your Ram and they list three bed lengths for the Ram 2500. What did the tech say wouldn't fit.
? Is the Ram Box something different than a regular bed?

George - the tech said they had not yet designed/built a tonneau cover that would work with this Cargo Mgmt system. And, since I have never seen one, I have no idea if there might be a difference or not. However - I will go with what the tech indicated, for now.

I can wait until I get the pickup and THEN I will have a better idea. I get the feeling this Cargo Mgmt system might be somewhat of a different animal. I also feel that even though the PW is a 2500 series Ram, it might have a slightly different bed design than the standard Ram 2500. As far as I can tell, the PW has only one bed length and presently only comes as a crew cab. No extended cab or standard cab models.

The Paragon is a nice looking unit also.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #10  
I have an Extang Solid Fold that I really like but it's on a Ford 6.5' box...no cargo management system...just a plain old truck bed. I paid around $1500 for it.