Pickup bed tonneau cover

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #41  
oosik, your waiting for your truck reminds me of when I ordered mine in 2010. Order went in right away, all good, but it took 5 weeks to start build.. then after it was built, the process stalled for 8 days (found out it was pulled for detailed QA check).. got the railcar # and tracked it across US, knew it landed at rail yard before dealer did.. got it on a Sunday afternoon. I was pretty excited, had electric steps (highly recommend AMP research electric steps) to install and my tonneau cover to install.

You're gonna enjoy your truck.. some of the "features" will annoy you, others will certainly delight you. The seat heater is very nice when my back is aching or it is cold out.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover
Ha - - something somewhere is "cooking". Yesterday I got emails from "Apple Play" and "SiriusXM". Indicating that along with my new vehicle purchase, I get free subscript to these two items. Both are features on the new PW. I know EXACTLY where this truck is. At a small dealership, 65 mile NE of Spokane. Worse come to worse - I'll have my son drive me up there - get the vehicle - return to Spokane and complete the transaction at the Spokane dealership.

Coefficient of irritation is rising........ I suffer fools poorly.

hawkeye08 - I remember the first car dad ordered after the war. 1949 Chevy. He ordered and waited three months. He never said anything about it. Knowing him, it must have burned. In those days a dealer would have, at most, half a dozen new vehicles in their lot. Everybody ordered and waited. It was the way things were done then.

Well, I've decided to get a Diamond Back tonneau. Either the SE or HD model. Still, gonna wait til I get the PW. The thought that it might have an odd sized bed. The corporate product tech says - 6' 4". I can wait.

Funny - 1975 - Anchorage. Ordered a brand new Jeep from the AMC dealer. It was to be a medium green. A phone call - "its here". When I saw it - went into shock. The wife turned around and started crying. It was the exact same color as the Lime Green - Family Truckster in the Chevy Chase movie. I was eventually able to get over it, took a while. Not only was it Lime Green - it was metal flake also. Black soft top - metal flake Lime Green. Looked like somebody tried to hide a Mint Jullip green barf under a black shingle.

I've changed my mind. The Diamond Back is a fantastic tonneau but I really don't need a cover that will carry weight on top. So now I'm focused on the BakFlip MX 4. This cover will do all I need and costs about $700 less.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #45  
I have a Roll n Lock on my F150, really like it. Very secure and I still easily have bed use. Only thing is washing my truck couple years ago, I thought I'd stand on it to wash roof. It came out of tracks on right side a bit, so not made to stand on! Easily popped it back in, and no damage. You still could not have gotten to any items in bed, so it was still secure. Think I paid $1,200 installed, but it was longer ago than two hours...

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #46  
\You know - there are those of you who question why I'm going this way. With the new truck and this tonneau cover, etc. All the $$$ being spent. Well, I'm 76, not getting much younger. And after YEARS of research - if I want it, I better get it now. Likely, I'll not be coming back around for a second shot. And I do mean legitimate research. With Father Henry at the Catholic church in Spokane.

If you really want to get it on, work out a 1-year trade-in with your dealer. They'll love you for it, and you just might love having the latest-and-greatest as well*.

*disclaimer: I can afford to get a new truck every year, but I like to modify them, and the hassle is just not worth it. Not to mention, the current generation is not the least bit interesting to me. For now I will continue to drive my nearly-five-year-old (tastefully updated to my desires) truck and love every minute of it.

dnw64 - NAW, that's too much like highway robbery. Besides, I'm due a new vehicle. Last purchase - 2006 Jeep TJ.

/ Pickup bed tonneau cover #48  
   / Pickup bed tonneau cover #49  
We're looking forward to your pictures of the new truck, the new cover, AND some road trip pictures sprinkled in. After spending the night in the PW's bed, does it make you breakfast?

And hey, how do you close the tailgate from inside? And then get back out again in the morning?

CHECK - that's what I currently have on my F-150. Has been a great cover now for 14 years. The problem is NOT how do you get out in the morning. It's getting either the cover properly closed or the tailgate shut when you are inside the bed. I choose to put a light cord around the tailgate handle and pull like a wild rhino.

The tonneau unlatches via an internal/inside latch. Pull the latch, roll the tonneau - you are out.

Breakfast is usually - apple, baloney sandwich, luke warm coffee from the thermos. Not the most appealing, but as a friend once told me. "It will make a turd"