pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size
Check this out... Way over the top... $$$$$$$$$$$
no doubt a beast...don't much care for the ghetto wheels, but yes, $ will get you about anything these days
for a young man, this investment would be like a modest mortgage...depreciating by the moment

/ pickup truck size #142  
Well heck just read this whole thread tonight.
A whole lot of different opinions and thoughts.
As far as the older pickups getting great mileage I certainly don't recall mine getting that good of mileage,
the IH's were all low teens on a good day, the GM's might have gotten 16 once in awhile but not often, the dodge
half tons were 24-16 (slant 6 or 318) and the fun one (440 in a short wide) 10-12 mpg.
Start getting newer my 02 Dakota with the 4.7V-8 was a 16 mpg truck, then my somewhat fancy eco-diesel was 22-24mpg,
now my fancy Laramie is a 16-17 mpg.
I really like this RAM Laramie it is quite well optioned out, rides very nice with the air suspension. The power seats with lumbar supports heated and cooled leather, the sirus xm radio, it's a crew cab with the 6 1/2 ft bed. It has a huge tow rating and massive brakes.

/ pickup truck size #143  
Why would anyone that needs a truck?

There's no justifiable reason to own such a beast, other than the old addage, "Fools and their money are soon parted."

Can't believe how many posts were added to this thread just today.
A lot of pickup truck owners out there.

Attachments

• New Paint 03-13-2020 (3).jpg
    New Paint 03-13-2020 (3).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
   / pickup truck size #145  
I’m quite happy with my frill Super Duty diesel crew cab. Yes it’s a behemoth and yes I could get by with less but I feel no guilt and it’s mighty nice having the bells and whistles. Sure I’d like to have it cost $60k less but at the end of the day it does what I need and has been a decent value

/ pickup truck size #146  
There's no justifiable reason to own such a beast, other than the old addage, "Fools and their money are soon parted."

Can't believe how many posts were added to this thread just today.
A lot of pickup truck owners out there.
Some of us can justify every pound of GCWR and every ft/lb of torque.

/ pickup truck size #147  
That to me was the pinnacle of pickups, still reasonably simple, but reliable, decent economy, basic comfort options.
Yeah, If I had ordered it as a F350 Crewcab, I would probably still have it.
2002_20050731 004.jpg

/ pickup truck size #148  
My '96 Dodge 1 ton 4X4 is the truck I will own for the rest of my life. It's diesel is before all the electronic controlled diesels, and before all the emission controls ... I won't say it is the best truck ever made, but it rates right up there. It is a just a tough old, reliable truck that will last at least 300,000 more miles. (I only have 230,000 miles on it)
I love that vintage Dodge/Cummins also...but don't own one because I'd have to wear ear plugs to drive it. Loudest engine ever made.

/ pickup truck size #150  
If I could only find a new 72 Chevy Cheyenne C-20 350 auto 4 x 4 with air. I would be one happy camper.
I had one of those back in the day. 10 mpg and a finicky carburetor that didn’t like winter mornings. Also, a mechanical distributor with points that needed replaced and tuned up every 15k miles. The good old days weren’t as good as some remember them.