pickup truck size

/ pickup truck size #291  
I've found the new Ford Maverick rather interesting. For the price it would be a good vehicle for running around, and save my pickup for when I need it.
I think Ford will sell a lot of those. That is a well proven hybrid drivetrain. Not going to win any drag races, nor pull a tri-axle float, but many people have common-day needs that these will cover....

Hyundai has also noticed how under-served that end of the market is (here/USA), and are releasing a small p/u too.

Right tool for the job..... always nice to have options......

Rgds, D.

/ pickup truck size #294  
I think Ford will sell a lot of those. That is a well proven hybrid drivetrain. Not going to win any drag races, nor pull a tri-axle float, but many people have common-day needs that these will cover....
It does seem like an interesting vehicle, and it's hard to argue with 37 (sales hype, YMMV) mpg, but if a 4 door is the only configuration available I'll pass. I'd rather have a longer bed than a back seat which I'd almost never use.

/ pickup truck size #295  
Check this out... Way over the top... $$$$$$$$$$$
Just my "unvarnished" (un-PC) opinion, but these are obviously built solely for "Big City" wanna-be's. The target audience probably wouldn't even think of getting this truck off the paved shoulder of a highway/interstate, let alone hauling anything that might scratch/soil the bed or (gasp) driving on a dirt or gravel road. Besides, what in the world is all this "It must be black to be really cool" crap? Having spent time living in the desert of Arizona, I can say without any doubt, the last thing I would ever buy would be a black vehicle. Take your black vehicle, put it in a non-covered parking lot during the summer and try to get in it after an hour or two. Been there done that too many times. Give me the most reflective color (other than white - I don't have time to wash my vehicles every day or multiple times a day) and my vehicle can be up to 30 degrees cooler.

/ pickup truck size #296  
Most people that frequent there forums, looking for opinion, help, etc are basically homeowners looking for a tractor to aid on propriety maintenance. So those tractors won't get much use over time.

Others just buy them as luxury and owning a orange or a green tractor, gives them some sort of status or something. Those get even fewer hours as you mentioned.

I do agree with you though. No point on spending crazy amounts of money on a fully equipment tractor with 15+ attachments that will get little to no use at all.
I believe I might have one of those luxury owners about a mile or so away. He bought a small (5 acre) lot for hunting etc. Out of the 5 acres about 2/3 is wooded property (won't be marketable for another 15 years or so). After building a "summer" shack, he has about 3/4-1 acre to be mowed and maybe 100' gravel driveway (probably more like 75 though). About 2 years ago, he picked up a brand new "over loaded" JD 1025 w/cab (heater only - he complains he wanted AC but it wasn't available), 2 rear remotes, i-hitch, backhoe, etc, etc, etc. You get the picture. He boasts about how he has close to (or over) $100K in his tractor & implements so far.

For ~$100k you could probably buy a lifetime of maintenance from a company. Anyway, 2 years later he has 26 hours on the machine had only used most of his attachments one time - I'm guessing to play around with his new "toy" or "prove" to his wife he needed everything 😉. He doesn't come to his property but about one weekend a month during the summer and maybe once from Fall-spring. I know this because he has asked/hired me to maintain his driveway during those months - using my tractor & 8' rear blade (his is only 4'). Every time I go there I just shake my head. Brand new implements and tractor just laying around on the ground, uncovered filled up with leaves, weeds etc. I would think the least he could do is build a carport to park it under. But he probably already got pictures when it was new with all of the implements in use so all of his friends & co-workers already know how cool he is.

Wish I had $100k to throw away like that (or the grand or so a month being paid).

Am I crazy? I thought when I picked up my Mahindra 2555 cab shuttle with under 75 hrs on it for ~$25-30k that it was expensive for a tractor - the dealer had to throw in free beet juice, Titan grapples & 4T forks to make me sign on the dotted line - pre-Covid, go figure what today's prices might be.

/ pickup truck size #297  
I just traded my 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 in on a 2021 Jeep Gladiator 4x4. Both trucks have the same diesel engine and transmission. Both crew cabs.

The Ram advantage was the HUGE back seat area. Tons of interior storage. Comfy for rear seat passengers as well.

The Jeep advantage is that it's small, so it whips into parking spaces easily. It fits in my residential garage more easily. It's just more fun to drive, period. It also tows my 8.5x24' enclosed trailer exactly like the Ram did, since both are classified as "1/2 ton" and both have identical powertrains. So really the only thing I gave up is the physical size, which has pros and cons.

There's definitely something to be said for a small truck. I'm 6'3". On the Ram, I could not reach over the bedsides and touch the load floor. On the Jeep I can. It makes getting things out of the bed so much easier.

/ pickup truck size #298  
Nice enjoy the Gladiator, I liked my eco-diesel.

/ pickup truck size #300  
I just traded my 2020 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 in on a 2021 Jeep Gladiator 4x4. Both trucks have the same diesel engine and transmission. Both crew cabs.

The Ram advantage was the HUGE back seat area. Tons of interior storage. Comfy for rear seat passengers as well.

The Jeep advantage is that it's small, so it whips into parking spaces easily. It fits in my residential garage more easily. It's just more fun to drive, period. It also tows my 8.5x24' enclosed trailer exactly like the Ram did, since both are classified as "1/2 ton" and both have identical powertrains. So really the only thing I gave up is the physical size, which has pros and cons.

There's definitely something to be said for a small truck. I'm 6'3". On the Ram, I could not reach over the bedsides and touch the load floor. On the Jeep I can. It makes getting things out of the bed so much easier.
Tried to buy a gladiator diesel, ended up with a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door. 🙃
Dealer gave me a terrific deal and the 20k I saved really helped elsewhere.
I’d like to try a gladiator next time around.