PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #321  
Here is an interesting photo. This was taken around 1962 in north central South Dakota as they were allowing the new Oahe dam on the Missouri river to fill and flooding many farms built near the river.
View attachment 530842

Just to clarify - the river when it had completely risen is about 50 feet over the peak of this barn which is pretty amazing when you know how flat the country is in the area this was built.

The house was an old hotel that had been moved to this location for the large family that lived there by putting it on sleds and sliding it down the river one winter.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #322  
Gorgeous 釘arn

What is it actually used for?

Parties and meetings for some groups the owner belongs to. He does like his tractors...he stores about 15 restored to like new condition in the "basement" one being an old Porsche.
He also has metal working equipment from his old shop. He and his partner were born in Germany and moved here when they were 14 years old. They built the first machine which could make a small sterile plastic bottle, think Visine eye drops, their first big sale. Here are a few more pics.
DSC00077.JPG DSC00134.JPG DSC00182.JPG DSC00179.JPG DSC00175.JPG

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #323  
East Gable framing - evening - 1 Dec.jpgFull fm SW - half size n cropped.jpg

Been working on our barn since the beginning of July. Main barn is 52' x 32', wings are 16'. Full 2nd floor. Dormers are getting gambrel roofs. Wing on right is enclosed for living space - temp for us while we build the house, and guests in future.

Gambrel ends are framed now, and getting the roof ready for metal.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #324  
View attachment 531860View attachment 531858

Been working on our barn since the beginning of July. Main barn is 52' x 32', wings are 16'. Full 2nd floor. Dormers are getting gambrel roofs. Wing on right is enclosed for living space - temp for us while we build the house, and guests in future.

Very, very, interesting design! Thanks for sharing.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #325  
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #326  
Yep, I remember reading about this one, good job. :thumbsup:

IMG_0206.JPG

Last edited:
   / PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #327  
Yeah, it's a beautiful structure.

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #328  
View attachment 531860View attachment 531858

Really nice. Hope you start a thread on this and post more pics!!!

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #329  
Almost hate to put this in this thread with all these beautiful structures, ... but, here's our little barn. Nothing fancy, but it serves it's purpose for us. My Wife's Grandfather built it in the early 1970s when they bought the property. Just a simple pole barn with a dirt floor and open on the south side. Planning to pour a concrete floor either this summer or next summer.

PJS barn.JPG

/ PICS OF BARNS; Any barns; All barns; My barn; Your barn; Not your barn #330  
Almost hate to put this in this thread with all these beautiful structures, ... but, here's our little barn. Nothing fancy, but it serves it's purpose for us. My Wife's Grandfather built it in the early 1970s when they bought the property. Just a simple pole barn with a dirt floor and open on the south side. Planning to pour a concrete floor either this summer or next summer.

View attachment 548404

Looks clean and straight - way better shape than many I see of that vintage around here.

Concrete will be nice if you store equipment there....

Rgds, D.