Pics of L4600 with rear hydraulics ?

/ Pics of L4600 with rear hydraulics ? #1  

Rmart30

Platinum Member
Tractor
Currently Kubota L4600HST, two Massey 265's, Massey 230, Kubota M8540...... Had Long 510, Mahindra 3510.Ford 4000, Deere 4230.
Can anyone shoot a few pics of their rear remote valving and where the plumbing attatches too ?

/ Pics of L4600 with rear hydraulics ? #2  
The first pic is of the junction block under the right side floorboard of my L3400. I don't know if your L4600 is the same or not. The upper left connection is the hose coming from the power beyond port (with adapter if required) of the new remote valve which now goes to the 3-point valve as it's next stop. Originally this hose came from the power beyond port on the loader valve. My remote valve is in series between the loader valve and the 3-point valve. The 3-point is always the last device to use hydraulic pressure before the flow is returned to the sump.

The upper right connection is the high pressure feed from the hydraulic pump. It goes directly up to the loader valve inlet port.

The lower right connection is the "tank" or return hose. The hose on the end (90 degree fitting) comes from the tank port on the loader valve. Originally it went directly into the return connection and back to sump. Now, there is a new tee fitting between the end of the hose and the junction block. The top of the tee is connected via a short hose to the "tank" or "out" port on my remote valve. Since there is little to no pressure on the tank side of the system and it's all connected to the sump anyway, tees can be used as long as they don't create a high restriction. You can't tee into the high pressure side, because the fluid will take the path of least resistance. The tank connection is required to give excess fluid somewhere to go if the relief in the remote valve opens. It also handles any leakage past the spools in the remote valve.

You should use only steel tees and nipples designed for hydraulic use, cast iron or brass often isn't rated high enough for burst pressure.

The second pic shows the hose coming off the loader valve power beyond port (mine is marked "BY" on the valve body) and going to the "in" port of the remote valve. There is no power beyond adapter screwed into my loader valve, it is built in.

If anything's unclear, let me know and I'll try to explain it better or get some more pics.

Sean

DSC01560.JPGDSC01559.jpg

/ Pics of L4600 with rear hydraulics ?
Thanks Chilly