pics of my grapple

/ pics of my grapple #1  

m7040

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, MF 203 industrial, ZD331, RTV 1100 , Kubota Minix excavator, Unimog 404
received it yesterday and just welded it on and installed hoses

Attachments

• IMG_0090 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0090 (Small).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,092
  • IMG_0088 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0088 (Small).JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_0089 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0089 (Small).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 757
   / pics of my grapple #2  
That is seriously nice!!!
Either your fronts need a little air or that's one seriously heavy boulder you got a hold of!

How can you handle such a "HUGE" tractor?!?!;) Are you sure 30 acres is enough land to turn that thing around on?:D
You know where those last two statements are coming from I'm sure.

Seriously, that looks pretty nice. I think you said you got the 36" thumb. I would've thought that would've given too much of an overbite. But it looks like it fits perfectly.

I have looked into getting "The Thumb" from Greens Machine Shop. Now I know what size to get and who to turn to if I have any questions.

Congrats on the nice mod!!

/ pics of my grapple
the front tires calls for 26 psi and with a heavy load like the boulder they are somewhat flat. The R4 tires are likely better at that but wanted the ag tires for the better traction and mud shedding capability

/ pics of my grapple #4  
I gotta have one of those for my b3030hsdc. What do they run and where do I get one. Thanks

/ pics of my grapple
about 350 dollars plus install yourself

/ pics of my grapple #6  
m7040 said:
about 350 dollars plus install yourself

I didn't think they were that much. Oh, you must be including the hydraulic hoses and cylinder. Are you counting time for your own labor?

/ pics of my grapple
not including hoses and support angle welded to bucket. Did my own labor and welding using the old miller diesel welding machine with 6011 rods. The mounting needs to be sturdy to take the force of the 2 inch cylinder closing force without flexing the point where mounted to bucket. The base of the Grapple is a 1 inch plate that I welded to a 4 by 4 by 3/8 inch thick angle and then welded to the top of the bucket with full penetration welds all around. Looks like it worked because after moving about 20 or so large rocks yesterday there was no problems at all. Moving these rocks without the grapple would have been a time consuming process with chains and pushing since it is very difficult to get the rocks into the bucket cleanly to where it can be lifted without falling out

/ pics of my grapple #8  
very nice M7040! What brannd is your grapple? I need to get one of those grapples on my B7800 bucket come next spring.

/ pics of my grapple
It is called the Thumb by Greens Machine shop. See attached for a few more pics

Attachments

• IMG_0093 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0093 (Small).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0094 (Small).jpg
    IMG_0094 (Small).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 453
   / pics of my grapple #10  
Yeah you can find it on ebay. Greens Machine Shop has an ebay store. I can't remember off hand their dedicated website though.

I'll tell you what. The more pics of see of that thing the better it looks. I had abandoned the idea of looking into a weld-on grapple and was thinking more along the lines of a stand-alone grapple. But that looks very nice. Good professional job on the welding.