Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,241  
This is my snow removal equipment. That is my wife trying it out last winterView attachment 289946

My wife really got to like the zero turn and does most of the mowing. Now if I can school her a little bit on the Bobcat ........... :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,242  
Plowing vs blowing. We get so much snow up here in northwest lower Michigan that snow that gets plowed eventually builds up a ridge on the side of the road so large that a loader has to be brought in to remove it (our rural, unpaved road, which serves seven homes, is contract plowed). But we blow our 600 ft paved driveway and the 600 ft two-track to our storage "barn". No buildups on the side when you blow the snow.

John

Attachments

• BarnSnowTrail022707.jpg
    BarnSnowTrail022707.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 480
  • SnowYardstick022707.jpg
    SnowYardstick022707.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,243  
I was able to buy my used Gravely blower, which are not easy to find, because the guy who had it had evergreens on one side of his driveway and his house on the other. The blown snow had no where to go.
My neighbors are so happy to see me out there with it, because I do everything but their lanes with it, including the snow plow humps, that they don't care where the snow goes, but I'm careful anyway. Luckily no
gravel to pick up. Weatherman, please tell us that was last year's snow, not now...

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,245  
Doesn't compare with some of these beasts, but here's mine, such as it is...

Attachments

• RB Ready for winter.jpg
    RB Ready for winter.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 621
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #1,246  
Doesn't compare with some of these beasts, but here's mine, such as it is...

Beast enough for me... !!! Remember, one man's beast is someone elses tinkertoy... Nice ride...!!!! :)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,247  
My two primary weapons, also have a 97 Explorer with Myers and a 26" BCS blower.

2012snow.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,248  
Buckgnarly said:
My two primary weapons, also have a 97 Explorer with Myers and a 26" BCS blower.

Wow! You either really like playing in snow or you really hate snow and hope to scare it from ever showing up!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,249  
Wow! You either really like playing in snow or you really hate snow and hope to scare it from ever showing up!

More of a lesson of failures.....
1. We started with a Toro 824, thing sucked so I bought the BCS attachment off CL....thought I was happy....

2. Neighbor had an old Ex for his vacation home, so he added a Myers. I plowed his stuff and mine for the use of the plow truck. Well I got greedy and started to plow other neighbors, which was WAY too much for the EX (Stupid auto trans blew and mixed with the coolant, that was fun in the dead of Winter) so.....

3. Picked up the 89 F250 with 7.3IDI.....all was well until March 11 when we got SLAMMED and I broke the lousy TTB front axle on the F250. Fell behind on my other neighbors vacation house, swore that would not happen again so I threw in a Dana 60 Kingpin I had laying around into the 250...thing is a plowing BEAST now! But......

4. Still worried about big snowfalls, so enter the Kioti DS3510 with 68" rear Meteor......I Think I am ready now....think.....

I really do love the snow, but we get a LOT here and you gotta be prepared!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #1,250  
Buckgnarly said:
More of a lesson of failures.....
1. We started with a Toro 824, thing sucked so I bought the BCS attachment off CL....thought I was happy....

2. Neighbor had an old Ex for his vacation home, so he added a Myers. I plowed his stuff and mine for the use of the plow truck. Well I got greedy and started to plow other neighbors, which was WAY too much for the EX (Stupid auto trans blew and mixed with the coolant, that was fun in the dead of Winter) so.....

3. Picked up the 89 F250 with 7.3IDI.....all was well until March 11 when we got SLAMMED and I broke the lousy TTB front axle on the F250. Fell behind on my other neighbors vacation house, swore that would not happen again so I threw in a Dana 60 Kingpin I had laying around into the 250...thing is a plowing BEAST now! But......

4. Still worried about big snowfalls, so enter the Kioti DS3510 with 68" rear Meteor......I Think I am ready now....think.....

I really do love the snow, but we get a LOT here and you gotta be prepared!

I think it is great! Sounds like every piece of equipment has its place/function. Keep up the good work!