Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

PEJ5

Gold Member
Tractor
2016 Kioti DK5010 HS
Yep got to used it not much but enough to see how it goes .I order it in Fev got it in march not to bad i thing it was fast it just the wait look longer . Am very happy whit it .
Leave it attached. We normally get a good size storm between now and the end of April.

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
If it snows here again before april....I’ll let the sun take care of it. Was 62° today.

coupman35

Gold Member
Tractor
Now a L4060 had B2650
yes we get some in April too , never no it going to be in the Plus all weekend . We dint get any thing close to what we normale get .

joeyd

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM 353HST
If it snows here again before april....I’ll let the sun take care of it. Was 62° today.
I agree, I have too much to do with the tractor with the weather being nice and the chains sure chew up my gravel drive areas during this thaw season.

ArlyA

Elite Member
Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Our plow is still on the boss 6x6 and I didn't even start the blower this winter, not enough to warrant that. We may have been 100" short on average snow this year..... :cry:

metalbender

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey 1742
Blower and blade are at the side of the garage. Blower drive is still mounted, just in case. With this system I can use the three point for the rear blade and land plane when the road dries up some.

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Bought a new 2021 TYM T574 last week and they delivered it today.:) Now I have to decide who's 3pt snowblower I should buy. I am looking at the Martin Meteor, Woodmaxx and Frontier. All thoughts and opinions on 3pt push blowers are welcome.

Thanks,
KCYView attachment 691544
I have a Frontier and it's a great blower. You will need at least one rear remote if you want a hydraulic chute rotator (pretty much a necessity with a cab tractor)...two rear remotes or a diverter if you also want a hydraulic deflector (these are both available as electric options too, but I have no experience with them). I only have the hydraulic chute rotator right now.
I can't say any about the Woodmaxx snow blowers, but I do have a Woodmaxx chipper...great implement and I expect the snow blowers will be just as great. Plenty of videos on YouTube about Woodmaxx equipment.
Meteor...no personnel experience but look of YouTube for Good Will Tractors for a great video demoing a Meteor pull type snow blower...
Your TYM T574 with 44 PTO HP should be able to handle any 72" snow blower
Heck, I'll save you the trouble with the Meteor pull type blower

Here's my set up
4052 Snow Machine.jpg

Last edited:

Keweenaw County Yooper

Bronze Member
Tractor
TYM T574,JD 420, JD 140 H3, Miscellanies Wheel Horse
I have a Frontier and it's a great blower. You will need at least one rear remote if you want a hydraulic chute rotator (pretty much a necessity with a cab tractor)...two rear remotes or a diverter if you also want a hydraulic deflector (these are both available as electric options too, but I have no experience with them). I only have the hydraulic chute rotator right now.
I can't say any about the Woodmaxx snow blowers, but I do have a Woodmaxx chipper...great implement and I expect the snow blowers will be just as great. Plenty of videos on YouTube about Woodmaxx equipment.
Meteor...no personnel experience but look of YouTube for Good Will Tractors for a great video demoing a Meteor pull type snow blower...
Heck, I'll save you the trouble

Here's my set up
View attachment 691550
Thank You Roy. I do not think I could ever use a pull type blower here. I get very long and high drifts. I really like the Meteor because of the 5 blade impeller fan. I think it would blow the snow farther and better then a 4 blade fan. JMHO

leonz

Tractor
JD LA115, WH 244, Troy Built Horse 8 HP
With your annual snow falls you should look at the Pronovost P720, and the P720TRC; It has a rotating impeller housing that lets the operator discharge the snow directly to the left or right bypassing the chute and spout which eliminates plugging with heavy wet snows.

The picture on the left shows the P720 with the partial chute covering that reduces the amount of snow spray if you are cleaning powder snows.

The picture on the right shows the left discharge side of the TRC model. The shoulder of the right discharge hole is not shown.

Attachments

• P-720.jpeg
    P-720.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 91
  • P-720TRC-74_C.jpeg
    P-720TRC-74_C.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 87

Keweenaw County Yooper

Bronze Member
Tractor
With your annual snow falls you should look at the Pronovost P720, and the P720TRC; It has a rotating impeller housing that lets the operator discharge the snow directly to the left or right bypassing the chute and spout which eliminates plugging with heavy wet snows.

The picture on the left shows the P720 with the partial chute covering that reduces the amount of snow spray if you are cleaning powder snows.

The picture on the right shows the left discharge side of the TRC model. The shoulder of the right discharge hole is not shown.
Thank You. I have never in my life plugged a chute while blowing snow. We have the rotating impeller housings on the big blowers at the airport. I do not think the added cost and complexity is worth it to me.

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Thank You. I have never in my life plugged a chute while blowing snow. We have the rotating impeller housings on the big blowers at the airport. I do not think the added cost and complexity is worth it to me.
Plugged chutes really suck!! I've had that problem a couples times
Just spray the chute, fan, auger and auger housing with Pam or an equivalent anti-stick spray and plugging won't be a problem

Otto Syracuse

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I bought a Woodmaxx in November and used it this past season. Worked great and it is a good heavy duty implement. I decided on Woodmaxx because they have an electric motor option for the chute rotation. Otherwise I would have had to add another set of hydraulics to the rear, as those are currently used for the front end plow. Never had a clogged chute and I moved quite a lot of snow this year!

Keweenaw County Yooper

Bronze Member
Tractor
I bought a Woodmaxx in November and used it this past season. Worked great and it is a good heavy duty implement. I decided on Woodmaxx because they have an electric motor option for the chute rotation. Otherwise I would have had to add another set of hydraulics to the rear, as those are currently used for the front end plow. Never had a clogged chute and I moved quite a lot of snow this year!
Thank You. Woodmaxx definitely has my interest.

leonz

Tractor
If you do not mind me asking, were you using john deere and wheel horse single stage snow throwers??

How many rear remotes do you have on the tractor?

Are you looking for a front mount or a rear mount? Either type is considered a push type snow blower.

I ask this because you said you were looking for a push snow blower.

Last edited:

leonz

Tractor
Does the new tractor have a mid mount power take off?? if it does you could use the bercomac front mount you have with a mounting kit from bercomac.

Keweenaw County Yooper

Bronze Member
Tractor
Does the new tractor have a mid mount power take off?? if it does you could use the bercomac front mount you have with a mounting kit from bercomac.
The Bercomac is ssqh mount on the loader arms andView attachment IMG_0667.JPG self powered with a 27 HP. Kohler engine.

Attachments

• IMG_0670.JPG
    11.8 MB · Views: 78

airbiscuit

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925

leonz

Tractor
Are you looking to sell these 2 snow blowers and simply have the rear mount to use???

Keweenaw County Yooper

Bronze Member
Tractor
Are you looking to sell these 2 snow blowers and simply have the rear mount to use???
I am selling the T330 with the rear 3pt blower and keeping the front blower for my new tractor. I just bought a new Martin Meteor rear 3pt blower that I will put on my new T574.

Tony H

Platinum Member
Tractor
JCB MIDI CX
The North East USA is in trouble now. I washed off waxed and pulled the plow off the tractor and it on its dolly. Pushed it back and tucked it in the garage. We will get another snow for sure now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210404_124119.jpg
    IMG_20210404_124119.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
The North East USA is in trouble now. I washed off waxed and pulled the plow off the tractor and it on its dolly. Pushed it back and tucked it in the garage. We will get another snow for sure now.
Dang, dang
:censored:

fruitcakesa

Platinum Member
Tractor
M6040
Double dang, dang...my tractor is parked by the shop with the chains hanging on the wall and the plow is parked by the drive shed on the other side of the great mud divide:oops:

leonz

Tractor
I am almost out of coal and I lowered my triple aquastat back to summer temperatures.:eek:

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
Soooo we need to see Tony H in NY when this happens. ;)

LouNY

Tractor
Branson 8050, IH 574, Oliver 1550 Diesel Utility (traded in on Branson)
I've still got plenty of coal left about 2 1/2 tons,
debating on when to let it go out.

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
The new snow rig.

Attachments

• tempImage5OlBno.jpg
    tempImage5OlBno.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 732
  • tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 681

Super Star Member
Top Poster Of Month
Tractor
M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Out here when it snows, it typically drifts a couple feet so it's necessary to have the equipment to move it.

Attachments

• 100_0003.JPG
    100_0003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 135

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
The new snow rig.

Attachments

• tempImage5OlBno.jpg
    tempImage5OlBno.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 732
  • tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 681
Very nice!
My Gator doesn't have a cab...sure wish I had one for the cold winter months in Vermont

coobie

Tractor
Very nice!
My Gator doesn't have a cab...sure wish I had one for the cold winter months in Vermont
Thank you, the cab will be is a nice addition on my old bones come plow season.

Last edited:

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_X485, JD_425, JD_455, JD_110
WI' when temps recently hit the 70's and bumped 80, the snowplow came off and rolled to storage, the 4300 got an oil/filter change, and the FEL hooked up.
Usually have to let off some hyd. line pressure to allow connecting, but this year lines slipped together with ease.

Now the forks and the grapple will be put to good use making burn piles to get rid of the accumulation of brush and spruce limbs from pruning.

Hope everyone has a great spring.

leonz

Tractor
Its too damp to let my fire go out and I have been using about 40 pounds a day to keep the stoker going. I have been opening the windows to air out the house and let the excess heat out as needed.

I don't think I will have to worry about excess heat for most of the coming week though.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Eight foot Rhino rear blade at 1050#. No snow pics - it didn't even snow enough that I needed to clear my mile long driveway once.
IMG_0006.jpeg

fruitcakesa

Platinum Member
Tractor
M6040
I didn't move a thing; 4-6 inches so far and still falling heavily...

Attachments

• snow north.jpg
    snow north.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 98
  • snow south.jpg
    snow south.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 101

pmsmechanic

Elite Member
Tractor
4410 and F-935 John Deere, MF 245
And here in southern Alberta there hasn't been any signifigant snow for months and all the farmers are getting their land ready for spring planting.

grsthegreat

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE hst cab
my poor snowblower has had a hard life. i just have too many dam* rocks at my place. they occasionally find their way into the blower. for the past 10 years its been getting worse and worse. finally this year it ate thru the metal in a few spots. all the steal is very thick on this blower EXCEPT for the fan shroud.

i cut some 8ga stock, put it thru the roller and relined the shroud. this should last a long time as it's nearly 2x as thick. also, the blades are closer, but not touching the new liner, so it should be more efficient. not sure why there was such a large gap. then again...i guess im glad there was so i could fit the liner in.

i just stitch welded it inplace just encase i ever have to replace it again. worse part was pulling the impeller fan. i thought i had a complete set of sockets and impact sockets. but noooooo, this one was a 1-7/16" castle nut. never even knew someone made a 1-7/16 nut. took some looking, but they were able to dust off one at Napa in town. the salesman was surprised that they had it.

Attachments

• 20210315_100813.jpg
    20210315_100813.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 118
  • 20210510_155359.jpg
    20210510_155359.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 144
  • 20210510_155429.jpg
    20210510_155429.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 127

coobie

Tractor
Nice work..(y)

RjCorazza

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L4060 Cab, ZD1211, ZD326
... i thought i had a complete set of sockets and impact sockets. but noooooo, this one was a 1-7/16" castle nut. never even knew someone made a 1-7/16 nut. took some looking, but they were able to dust off one at Napa in town. the salesman was surprised that they had it.

I can relate. I just replace the lower seal on my Befco 7' mower gearbox and found a giant 1-5/8" nut holding the lower pulley on. Of all places, Lowes had 3/4 sockets up to 2" and a 3/4 drive to 1/2" adapter.

arrow

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 3016