Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,931  
My weapon!!

2016-02-04 21.12.14.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,933  
No snowblower on that Grasshopper?

No snowblower on it...I had a sweeper which was fantastic for 6 inches or less of snow. I worked 2 storms that had around 2 feet of powder. I got through it, but it took a while. This thing shines on sidewalks and small driveways. I ended up selling it the sweeper.

2015-02-22 17.50.36.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,934  
No snowblower on it...I had a sweeper which was fantastic for 6 inches or less of snow. I worked 2 storms that had around 2 feet of powder. I got through it, but it took a while. This thing shines on sidewalks and small driveways. I ended up selling it the sweeper.

View attachment 533205

Not sure what you are clearing but that would be mean machine for clearing sidewalks and light snows. I can understand how it doesn't work so well for deep snow.

I just saw it in the background of the picture and have friends that have a blower for their Grasshopper and really like them - you just have to be careful which way you blow or it can get a little cold and wet.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,935  
PK earned his keep this morning, first time I've really used him: Pictures 2017 092.JPG Pictures 2017 090.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,936  
Good to see PK still chugging alone. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,937  
IMG_0862.JPG.

This my little unit. Kioti cs2210 with an Mk Martin Meteor 54" snow blower. I bought this new about a year ago with the blower, FEL, and 60" mower. The plastic cab is something I got them to add at the dealer, I wanted to keep the price down and was just looking for something to keep the snow off me while blowing snow. It works well and actually stays somewhat warm in there without the wind and snow blowing on me, it's not pretty but effective.

Only issue I had with this unit is the thermostat stuck open the first time I used it to clear my yard last winter, I called my dealer to explain that the machine wouldn't warm up and he sent a mechanic here to my home with a new thermostat and repaired it.

I'm happy with my purchase and it sure beats the old craftsman with the 36" front blower. That set up worked well for what it was but it was cold and a pig to start in the winter since my garage isn't heated.

I enjoy seeing what everyone else is running there some nice machines out there.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,938  
Not sure what you are clearing but that would be mean machine for clearing sidewalks and light snows. I can understand how it doesn't work so well for deep snow.

I just saw it in the background of the picture and have friends that have a blower for their Grasshopper and really like them - you just have to be careful which way you blow or it can get a little cold and wet.

Yes....in Hindsight I should have kept that sweepster. I only had $500 in it. Works great for sidewalks and small snows. Sometimes I get frustrated at the amount of room I have in my garage and start selling stuff. Know anyone who wants a couple power wheels toys cheap????

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,939  
PK earned his keep this morning, first time I've really used him:

Awesome! I'm almost done rebuilding the mule drive for the front blower on mine, should have the last of my parts this week!

Mine's a '67 1612, I've got a plow, blower, and mower deck for it. Got it free and have been tinkering with it on and off for the past few weeks. I'm excited to get it done soon!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,940  
It's a pity the QuickHitch assembly that pins directly onto the Kubota BX has always been so expensive. Then, you buy a blade, with the 54" snow blade or the more dozer like, 60" heavy blade. I've had both sizes of blades and both work very well. With the huge amounts of annual snowfall up here, the investment over the years has proven to be the best money spent, ever. Not sure about folks who only get a snow event on rarer occasions. The lower center of gravity of the BX combined with the snow blade not being extended out on loader arms means the sub-compact tractor has never met a snowfall it couldn't defeat in record time.
943899_10206649644254706_9181182205053971486_n.jpg

10262066_10206649654494962_6291410456001250360_n.jpg

10391801_1249768399257_6932240_n.jpg

DSCF0793.JPG