Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,281  
I keep thinking it would be easy to do a roof from the ROPs and hang plexiglass down from the edges. It might be a good way to get a feel for how I might want to do a cab. I do wonder if I should try to have the glass slanted out toward the top and hope to not need a wiper.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,282  
In "just right" conditions, the snow comes off this roof all at once. It's 80' across and about 50' up. The 6/12 pitch of the building changes into a almost 3/12 for the 35' deep lean to shed. By the time it slides off it's compacted and really makes a tight pile of snow when it hits the ground, gotta almost "chisel" at it with a plow. Normally this is a job for the skid steer, but it was inside the shop with only 2 out of 4 tire chains being put on and "mama" was going grocery shopping:laughing:
20200103_091850.jpeg
20200103_093922.jpeg
20191231_090151.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,283  
Have finally received a good 8 inches of snow. I hope it lasts. Had to clear path thru woods....may finally be able to run horse and sleigh thru trails tomorrow. 20200106_140554.jpg 20200106_140800.jpg

Last edited:
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #5,284  
In "just right" conditions, the snow comes off this roof all at once. It's 80' across and about 50' up. The 6/12 pitch of the building changes into a almost 3/12 for the 35' deep lean to shed. By the time it slides off it's compacted and really makes a tight pile of snow when it hits the ground, gotta almost "chisel" at it with a plow. Normally this is a job for the skid steer, but it was inside the shop with only 2 out of 4 tire chains being put on and "mama" was going grocery shopping:laughing:
View attachment 635373View attachment 635374View attachment 635375

been there...done that P2071221.JPG P2071222.JPG P2071223.JPG P2091232.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,285  
LS XR 4150 HC with74 rear blower at work.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,288  
I keep thinking it would be easy to do a roof from the ROPs and hang plexiglass down from the edges. It might be a good way to get a feel for how I might want to do a cab. I do wonder if I should try to have the glass slanted out toward the top and hope to not need a wiper.

That might actually be a good idea? I think you would get enough air that it wouldn't fog. Just need enough hanging down to keep it off your face and head, and still have room to get in and out.

Here's a pic I just took. Goes to show how much I like my open station Kubota, because my plow truck is getting buried, LOL But I figured I'd plug it in and fire her up and move it, so I can clean up around it.

Attachments

• 001 (Large).JPG
    001 (Large).JPG
    327.4 KB · Views: 189
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #5,289  
That might actually be a good idea? I think you would get enough air that it wouldn't fog. Just need enough hanging down to keep it off your face and head, and still have room to get in and out.

Here's a pic I just took. Goes to show how much I like my open station Kubota, because my plow truck is getting buried, LOL But I figured I'd plug it in and fire her up and move it, so I can clean up around it.
A golf cart enclosure over the top of a canopy does well to keep most of the snow and wind off of you. One less layer of clothing needed that way.

Aaron Z

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #5,290  
A golf cart enclosure over the top of a canopy does well to keep most of the snow and wind off of you. One less layer of clothing needed that way.

Aaron Z

Cheap vinyl cab makes a world of difference with snow blower. Typically don't even zip the doors. Cuts the wind and blowing snow.
Cab snow 2.jpg