Piranha Tooth bar

/ Piranha Tooth bar #1  

jmoneil

Tractor
Kubota LX2610
I received my new Piranha tooth bar today and installed it. It is on my new MX5200 and hope it does as well as the one I had on my previous L3800. Clearing quite a bit of honey suckle and saplings.

Attachments

• 20161028_173101.jpg
    20161028_173101.jpg
    799.1 KB · Views: 274
  • 20161028_173156.jpg
    20161028_173156.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 275
   / Piranha Tooth bar #3  
I pondered between the Piranha and the Ratchet Rake before I purchased and ended up getting the Ratchet Rake. Not real sure why but happy with it. That's a good looking tool you have and I see some advantages over the Ratchet Rake if I put one on my grapple bucket.

When you are clearing do you let the teeth ride flat just at ground level or maybe tilt it a bit forward. I like to clear honeysuckles and brush by sort of pulling them out of the ground without cutting them off and with minimal ground disturbance. It looks like this would do the job. I use my rake on the skid steer and also on the loader of my backhoe. They're different sizes I guess is the reason I got the rake instead of the Piranah.

I'm thinking I could just install the Piranah on the grapple bucket as it has a smooth edge and just leave it on.
Then I'd just use the Ratchet Rake on the backhoe loader.

EK000162.JPG

/ Piranha Tooth bar
When I'm clearing the honey suckle, I really like to get the roots en all. This is best accomplished by having the bucket pretty level to the area I'm clearing and pulling the brush out of the ground.

/ Piranha Tooth bar #5  
I keep going back and forth trying to decide between RR and Piranha. You were happy with previous Piranha clearing brush? I have some brush to clear but also dirt to move and I like the idea of keeping it on vs having to remove the RR for moving dirt.

/ Piranha Tooth bar #6  
I got mine about 6 months ago, and I have yet to take it off. It's been amazing for uprooting plants, including yuccas, and I even popped a peach tree out of my neighbor's yard with little trouble. No visible wear, and it's preserving the lower edge of my loader.

If you need to smooth out an area, just roll the bucket so the heel is resting on the ground, and either use downforce or float depending on soil / moisture conditions. You can backdrag that and get pretty good results.

/ Piranha Tooth bar #8  
Now that's something I'm would like to try. Not sure how to attach the Ratchet Rake to the backhoe.
Thanks for the post Steave

The chain is attached to the rake underneath and just goes around the bucket and attached back to the rake then tightened with the turnbuckles. It's not actually bolted to the bucket. This is the largest rake they have and it comes with the turnbuckles instead of the ratchet binders.

I'm thinking of getting a Piranha to leave on the grapple bucket of the skidsteer. That way as mentioned above I wouldn't have to remove it to scoop. Both tools have there advantages and from what I've heard here the Piranha works well and I have the Ratchet Rake and it works well also.

Both tools are reasonably priced compared to some of the other attachments I have so I might as well just have both. It's only money.