PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN?

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
Need to replace one of my 5 gal. gas cans, went to local NAPA store and now due to new improved NYS law you must buy a ventless, spill proof, child proof, ploy can. $28 so i bought one, figured out how to use it (a pain in the dis hear) also to let fuel flow u have to make sure a plastic flange is depressed , well the flange is smaller than the opening on my GT. took the blasted thing back!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif anybody know where i can buy a plain ordinary, 5 gal or 2 , 2.5 gal cans with out the BS .

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #2  
Blitz is a manufacturer of regular gas cans. They are still legal in most states.

Apparently not your state /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

If you want I can buy one for you, and send it to you UPS. The UPS cost would likely cost as much as the gas can? But the cans are pretty reasonably priced. Let me know, I'll look into it for you.

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #3  
Frank,

Do you need an entire can or just the spout?

I bought a couple spare spouts awhile back from a tractor supply store and that has held me over from having to buy these newfangled cans/spouts. I'd offer/send you one but I've already used them all.

Brian

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN?
Brian : thanks for the offer, but i need the can itself.

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #5  
Those ventless wonders are all I've seen lately too, but the one I bought for less than $10 at WallyWorld seems to work OK. No flange to press that I am aware of. It does glug a bit if you try pouring fast.

Chuck

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #6  
The last can I bought was a Briggs and Stratton. It has a kind of pyramidal shape with a big flat bottom. The best thing about it is that you can put it in the back of your truck and drive around and it will never tip over. I wish I had bought more when found it since I can't find them anymore.

Chris

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Those ventless wonders are all I've seen lately too, but the one I bought for less than $10 at WallyWorld seems to work OK. No flange to press that I am aware of. It does glug a bit if you try pouring fast.

Chuck
)</font>

The Blitz ventless spouts are the best I've ever seen or used.

You bought a ventless can .They are good.
The spill proof cans are the bad ones.

Ventless and spill proof are 2 different cans.

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #8  
Yep, all the ventless cans I've bought have been Blitz's. They work OK, but the stiff spout makes it harder to get gas into my lawn mower, for instance, without spilling some, if the can is full. I'll just use a funnel. On the other hand, with the fixed spout you don't get gas on your hands as much as with the flexible spouts that you push down into the can.

Chuck

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #9  
I had the same problem last year. Looked all over for a normal vented can but they were no where to be found. The one vented one I tried was a very slow pour type of can. Frustrating.

My solution is a siphon hose. It's a new fangled hose that all you have to do is put the hose in the gas can and move it up and down rapidly. It auto starts the siphon, and it can transfer the gas out of the can just about as quick as pouring it ...only without the leaks. Faster than my ventless can, and you don't have to hold it the whole time. I found the hose in an overtons catalog. They have a web site, but I just looked and could not locate the item. Their online catalog leaves alot to be desired. If anyone is interested, I can dig the item number out of the catalog and post it here.

/ PLAIN ORDINARY GAS CAN? #10  
Don't you just hate those laws that are keeping us "safe" from ourselves? /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif