Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e #1  

Adamfuller

Tractor
JD 5055E
I have a 2014 jd 5055E with 321 hours. I am having a continuous problem with the intake screen plugging up and then starving the pump for oil. This results in jerky loader, power steering and 3 point hitch operation. My dealer said to clean the screen and reinstall the oil. This provides an immediate resolution that lasts for 25-30 hours then it recurs. I have changed the oil and filters as well. The screen seems to be plugged with grey gunk. I’m at wits end as the source of this material. The dealer says that they have never seen it before. I have saved the gunk and will bring it to them to look at but I’m hoping to find out if others have had this issue in case they try to blow smoke up my back side.

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e #2  
When I hear gray gunk my first thought is water contamination.
I'd drain it, dump in some diesel 10-15 gallons, then rock the tractor back and forth to slosh it around drain,
clean all screens replace all filters and if it has it any bottom magnets,refill with cheap hydraulic/transmission fluid,
run for 10-15 minutes just exercising the hydraulics, drain clean screens replace filters, then refill with with quality
fluids and filters.

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e
It’s not gelatinous, it has a firm texture when dry, here is a photo from the strainer that I ran it through.

Attachments

• 072A3CA1-1D77-431F-9EF6-DE65D8F8156D.jpeg
    072A3CA1-1D77-431F-9EF6-DE65D8F8156D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 107
It’s not gelatinous, it has a firm texture when dry, here is a photo from the strainer that I ran it through.
Could it be from the power reverser clutches?

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e #5  
Magnet test, on the debris? May give you some direction?

Mike

Magnet test, on the debris? May give you some direction?

Mike
I’ll try that. The dealership said that they would look at it for me.

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e #7  
How is the brakes on your tractor? Looks like they are braking up.

The work fine, although they do groan a little if the tractor has been sitting for a while. Goes away with a little use.

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e #9  
Look at your attachments also. They may be contaminated.

/ Plugged hydraulic intake screen jd5055e #10  
Your brakes must be dry brakes, mine are all wet brakes.