pole saws at work (photos)

/ pole saws at work (photos) #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
While cleaning up old photos in this HD, I found many photos of pole saws in the woods and at work. I thought someone here might like them. We use them to clear trails and commonly need to hike in and bring tools. we can get the most work down with.

Attachments

• polesaw073.jpg
    polesaw073.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 481
  • polesaw88065.jpg
    polesaw88065.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 569
  • polesawtrims543.jpg
    polesawtrims543.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 446
  • echopolesaw9.jpg
    echopolesaw9.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 453
  • echopolesaw.jpg
    echopolesaw.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 466
  • pole saw Arly.jpg
    pole saw Arly.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 486
  • echosatwork.jpg
    echosatwork.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 452
   / pole saws at work (photos) #2  
I use mine to limb downed pine trees...crap the site will not let me post pics......the site managers sure are no help here!!!

Mike

/ pole saws at work (photos) #3  
I have an Echo pole saw and it's amazing how quickly that I can create a mess that takes all day to clean up!! Now, most of the time, I just use the pruner with the manual saw blade at the end to cut down an annoying branch, and then call it done.

/ pole saws at work (photos)
OK, I found a few more. Love the utility of these little saws.

Attachments

• polesaw0711.jpg
    polesaw0711.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 378
  • polesaw162.jpg
    polesaw162.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 379
  • polesaw238.jpg
    polesaw238.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 421
  • polesaw249.jpg
    polesaw249.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 369
  • echo0j5.jpg
    echo0j5.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 370
   / pole saws at work (photos) #5  
I have a Stihl pole saw. I own 3 acres of which roughly half is in trees. I go around the edges of the yard and trim back the limbs that are to low and hang into the yard. I think at times it a device of torture. Hard on the back and arms.

Some of your pics I would be using a chainsaw but you are probably using what you have on hand.

I have a Stihl pole saw. I think at times it a device of torture. Hard on the back and arms. Some of your pics I would be using a chainsaw but you are probably using what you have on hand.

Which type of pole saw?? The telescopic type are waaaaaay to heavy for us to hike around with. They also don't break down and be short enough for atv/utv transport.

/ pole saws at work (photos) #8  
My Stihl is the kind that extends. I try to keep it short as possible because extended it feels like it’s about 40 feet long.

/ pole saws at work (photos) #9  
I’ve got one that goes on Stihl powerhead. It’s pretty handy for trimming limbs to mow under but not a lot more. A stronger motor and a telescoping pole would go a long way in its usefulness. I just use a bigger pole for most trees. IMG_8681.JPGIMG_8818.JPG

My Stihl is the kind that extends. I try to keep it short as possible because extended it feels like it’s about 40 feet long.

The ones that just break in two, weight considerably less. Down side is you can only reach about 8ft but we sometimes bring its 3ft extension along. These echo's may weight less than my professional MS260 saws does. We do carry these all day and ya, by the end of the day, I'm done doing that. :mad:

Last edited: