portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #1  

buickanddeere

Tractor
Deere, several
Anybody with any experience with the newest and latest portable gas powered winches? Something similar to the Simpson capstan units possibly ?

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #2  
The Portable Winch Company makes some of the better capstan winches out there. I've seen them used to haul sawlogs out of the forest to trailside. I believe they are sold by a number of vendors

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #3  
What? You mean you don't know how to field butcher a moose?

I've done a lot of them right on the ground, it's much better/cleaner and fast...

SR

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit
We do them properly up out of the dirt hanging from a tree.

The Portable Winch Company makes some of the better capstan winches out there. I've seen them used to haul sawlogs out of the forest to trailside. I believe they are sold by a number of vendors

Those are awesome winches but a bit spendy for use once a year.

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #6  
Properly? You mean the hard way! On the ground is just so much "cleaner" and way easier!

I've done them both ways, NO comparison!

SR

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #7  
Those are awesome winches but a bit spendy for use once a year.

If I owned one, hunting would be far from a primary use. It would get used mainly for pulling out logs I can't get to with the logging winch on my tractor, or helping friends with downed trees that are too far way for me to drive my tractor to.

Properly? You mean the hard way! On the ground is just so much "cleaner" and way easier!

I've done them both ways, NO comparison!

SR

How do you quarter and skin the moose down in the mud ?

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #9  

The "huntsman" would wait until the animal was in a more favorable position before taking the shot. ;-))

A half hour of waiting could save hours of hard labor.

Or, spoil the season...with nothing to tag.....

/ portable power winch required for moose hunting, busted our old Chugger unit #10  
AND here I thought you knew everything! I guess I've been giving you too much credit!!
orig.gif

SR