portage blue mystery question.

/ portage blue mystery question. #1  

ArlyA

Houghton MI (the Lake Superior snow belt) USA
Tractor
Polaris Boss 6x6 with pods (tracks) Center actuating lawn mower by Husky
Here are photos taken in the boundary waters in northern MN. These are on a portage which is a path to get your canoe moved from one lake to another but also used by mushers over the winter.. Lots and lots of portages are found up there!

That is the blue material and who might have left it there?? The whole portage had these blue shavings on it.
P1100897.jpg
P1100906.jpg
P1100907.jpg
P1100910.jpg

Attachments

• P1100910.jpg
    P1100910.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 103
   / portage blue mystery question. #2  
Someone dragging a plastic boat over the sharp rocks?

When I was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5, we went trick or treating. Mom gave me a paper sack with handles. Thought it was a good idea. However, I was so small and the bag was so large that it dragged on the ground, wore a hole in the bottom, and most of my candy fell out by the time I got home. I was in tears. Most of my siblings shared their candy with me. 1 was quite angry at the thought of sharing. :ROFLMAO:

/ portage blue mystery question.

When I was a little kid, maybe 4 or 5, we went trick or treating. Mom gave me a paper sack with handles. Thought it was a good idea. However, I was so small and the bag was so large that it dragged on the ground, wore a hole in the bottom, and most of my candy fell out by the time I got home. I was in tears. Most of my siblings shared their candy with me. 1 was quite angry at the thought of sharing. :ROFLMAO:
They might have but the blue is not from a boat.

55 gallon drum?
There could be drums but the plastic shavings found all along the portage is not from them. You'd have to boat or sled a drum to this location. Why would someone do that?? :unsure:

/ portage blue mystery question. #6  
They might have but the blue is not from a boat.
How do you know that?...we have a blue plastic kayak about that same color that is scratched to heck on the bottom and most of the rocks here are not sharp...!

/ portage blue mystery question. #7  
How do you know that?...we have a blue plastic kayak about that same color that is scratched to heck on the bottom and most of the rocks here are not sharp...!
Exactly my thought. Cheap canoe or kayak of the tractor supply/dicks sporting goods variety.

/ portage blue mystery question. #8  

The exact same thing happened to my youngest daughter. The bottom of the sack got wet, and she lost all of her goodies. We had a lot left over that we didn't give out, so we persuaded our other daughter to dump hers in with ours and we let them split the booty.

Exactly my thought. Cheap canoe or kayak of the tractor supply/dicks sporting goods variety.
Most kayaks have a white bottom, nonetheless, there is enough shavings along this 1/2 mile portage to built a new kayak. Most of the summer portages would be canoes not K's. A clue was give in my photo description.

/ portage blue mystery question. #10  
Most kayaks have a white bottom, nonetheless, there is enough shavings along this 1/2 mile portage to built a new kayak. Most of the summer portages would be canoes not K's. A clue was give in my photo description.
So you know the answer and the thread is just about getting attention?