Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #31  
Does Northern Tool still offer that seat? Did the bolt holes line up or did you have to improvise?
I replaced the seat on my B2710 with a Northern Tool seat and it was a huge improvement. I think this is the same seat, or at least pretty close. I've had mine for about 10 years. It did require a bit of fabrication to get the bolt holes to work, I used slotted angle. It also doesn't tip forward, something I really miss because it had that little tool box under the seat that I can't use anymore. That also complicates using the PTO without being in the seat, like if you want to use a log splitter. I modified mine so the engine will still die if I'm not in the seat, but I left a little pigtail that I can use to jumper the safety out, so I can get out of the seat and the engine and PTO will work.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #32  
Maybe a solution for this, will also help the most annoying problem of sliding off my bed when I adjust the head end, up somwhat! lol

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #33  
Does Northern Tool still offer that seat? Did the bolt holes line up or did you have to improvise?
Looks like they do:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200490177_200490177

I don't recall having to do any modifications. But, I seem to recall cussing a bit. So, if they're still the same, yes, the holes line up (but one has to play around a bit).

Pretty sure that you'll be happy with this seat. It's nothing special other than it just works (and it's cheap). The drain holes are a plus.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #34  
Short term wear your seat belt.

Long term Cure for sucky Kubota seats

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #35  
Double back sticky tape?
Or
Velcro on your butt?
I was going to suggest lag screws butt I think Velcro is a better choice:ROFLMAO:

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat.
Looks like they do:

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200490177_200490177

I don't recall having to do any modifications. But, I seem to recall cussing a bit. So, if they're still the same, yes, the holes line up (but one has to play around a bit).

Pretty sure that you'll be happy with this seat. It's nothing special other than it just works (and it's cheap). The drain holes are a plus.
Thank you. Having it fit on a B7800, like mine, makes it better. For a tractor that's primarily a lawnmower, it will be just fine. Cussing during installation is OK.

Beezfun--great seat but more than I want to spend on a mower. Tractor, yes. Thank you.

Mikester--Grammer is no doubt the best. I have a cab tractor with one and a Grasshopper as well and both are as good as it gets. Thank you.

Last edited:
   / Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #37  
Hmmm?? All the suggestions for seat covers, and not a single pic...

Until this thread, never heard of or thought of sliding off a seat. Just doesn't happen.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #38  
   / Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #39  
I've never had enough of a "slipping" situation to really call it a problem. I was given a foam "seat warmer". Just lay it down on the seat and sit on it. Kind of nice on really cold days - my M6040 is open station.

I DID notice - when I use this chunk of foam - there is absolutely no slipping, anywhere, what so ever.

Could be a quick, cheap answer. www.therm-a-seat.com Made in the USA. Lawrence, MA. It's what they call their fishing cushion. $9.99.

/ Possible way to stop sliding-slipping down in Kubota "B" seat. #40  
IMG_1870.JPG

2013 M59 seat vinyl was starting to crack along the top cushion.

Durafit seat cover from Amazon. KU05 KNT C

Durafit Seat Covers, KU05 SST for KUBOTA Tractors L45/M45.L48/M59.B25/B26 M108S LP MOWERS F2680/F2880/F3080/F3680 in SST Camo Endura Amazon.com: Durafit Seat Covers, KU05 SST for KUBOTA Tractors L45/M45.L48/M59.B25/B26 M108S LP MOWERS F2680/F2880/F3080/F3680 in SST Camo Endura: Automotive

Good fit, quality straps and Velcro to hold in place. Little more friction than the vinyl.

IMG_1871.JPG