Pouring fuel from cans

/ Pouring fuel from cans #32  
I get the reasoning behind trying to control the vapors, especially with gas, but always thought the new designs actually released more vapors by causing spills from poorly designed nozzle tips/valves.

I found these at tractor supply for diesel, and the oem sells them for gasoline as well (I now have both, about one year old).

There is a manual vent opposite the spout, it works like a dream! The spout is actually well done as well usingView attachment 750777View attachment 750778 a large and sturdy 'trigger' to rest on the lip of the receiving container.

Anyway, not affiliated in anyway, just stoked to find a can that actually works well.
I looked at those but I just couldn't do it. Almost $50 for a 5 gal. can was too much.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #33  
Iuse the cheapest can i can find , install a flex tip and then install a vent. Throw out internal screen and foolish 5 arm required pour spout.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #35  
I got the same pump at Harbor Freight and use it to pump off road diesel out of a 55 gal drum. This eliminates a lot of trips to refill 5 gal fuel cans every season. I use barrel lifting chains to move the 55 gal drum using a tractor FEL.

I use a 30 amp hour wheel chair battery for power which I swap back and forth to power my fence row spray pump.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #36  
   / Pouring fuel from cans #37  
We switched to steel class II? cans years ago which have a 7/8th flexible spout. Yes they cost more but are leak proof, drain fast and last for years. We used to get these for $80.....

You still have to lift it and hold it there. I don't lift cans any more except to get them in the back of the truck after I fill them--I went electric. I don't care what kind of spout it has now. With my auto shutoff pump, I can even fill a lawnmower tank without spillage.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #38  
You still have to lift it and hold it there. I don't lift cans any more except to get them in the back of the truck after I fill them--I went electric. I don't care what kind of spout it has now. With my auto shutoff pump, I can even fill a lawnmower tank without spillage.
I'm not certain of the OPer, but much of the fuel we use is in the field and no power is aviable.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #39  
I'm not certain of the OPer, but much of the fuel we use is in the field and no power is aviable.
I use two battery powered pumps. They use AAA batteries. If you can tot a can, you can carry a pump. ;)

/ Pouring fuel from cans #40  
I found this in the toss pile at work with a non-working swiwel pump. Took it home and bought a Harbor Freight pump. Voila - 30 gallon fuel cart made in USA for $42.00

IMG_3508.jpg