Pouring fuel from cans

/ Pouring fuel from cans #52  
For 2 cycle fuel I use a NoSpill can:
IMG_3921.jpg

They work very well.
For straight gas in my walk behind mower I use standard Jerry cans with a 1" diameter spout.
Diesel is handled with a truck mounted transfer tank and electric pump.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #53  
I took my brand new yellow fuel cans to the fuel station and failed to take the damn "guaranteed not to work" flashback protector or cheesy filter ( whatever it is) out. I was wearing a gallon of the stuff in less than a twentieth of a second.
I had the same problem, the thing was impossible to pull out by hand at the pump. Had to take it home and rip it out with pliers, it was in no condition for anything but the trashcan after that.
I really don't know how one of those cans can be filled at the pump, the pump nozzles are so sensitive to the slightest bit of backup that you end up starting the flow dozens of times, even when trying to just dribble it in.
I also vent all of my 5 gal fuel cans. I have a 1 gal that I use for small stuff such as pressure washer and roto tiller where a slow fill is ok for a small tank.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #54  
Do people in Oregon and New Jersey have to have a gas station attendant come to their house to fill their tractors and mowers?

/ Pouring fuel from cans #56  
Do people in Oregon and New Jersey have to have a gas station attendant come to their house to fill their tractors and mowers?
The OR law is that station owners, etc, must not allow customers to do it.

For example:
(1) Owners or operators of facilities located in high population counties where Class 1 flammable liquids are dispensed at retail may not allow any individual other than owners, operators, and their employees, when acting in their employment capacity to use or manipulate any pump, hose, pipe or other device used at the facility to dispense Class 1 flammable liquids into a fuel tank of a motor vehicle or container.

etc...

Bruce

/ Pouring fuel from cans #57  

For example:
(1) Owners or operators of facilities located in high population counties where Class 1 flammable liquids are dispensed at retail may not allow any individual other than owners, operators, and their employees, when acting in their employment capacity to use or manipulate any pump, hose, pipe or other device used at the facility to dispense Class 1 flammable liquids into a fuel tank of a motor vehicle or container.

etc...

Bruce
Yup. Oregonian's cant figure out a fuel pump….which end goes into tank….

/ Pouring fuel from cans #58  
For 2 cycle fuel I use a NoSpill can:
View attachment 751272
They work very well.
For straight gas in my walk behind mower I use standard Jerry cans with a 1" diameter spout.
Diesel is handled with a truck mounted transfer tank and electric pump.
I also use the 2-1/2 gallon no spill for 2-stroke gas but I also use the 5 gallon models for e-free gas and diesel. I drilled a hole in the tabs on each side of the green button so I can stick a nail through to hold the button in. As long as I am not holding the button in, it "seems to me" to drain faster.

/ Pouring fuel from cans #59  
I use the one from Rural King. Has a flexible clear hose with screw on cap and bleeder valve. Simplistic design and no safety feature really, more like and older can but instead of a pop on cap on nozzle it screws on

Last edited:
   / Pouring fuel from cans #60  

For example:

etc...

Bruce

Yes, “it’s for the children”

Although, every now and then I get behind someone at a gas station, who look like they have never seen a gas pump before and have no idea how to use it.