Power beyond modification for ease of use

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use #31  
Please read post 15. The OP states he can move the loader with the backhoe in series. There is no way he could do that if the backhoe valve was the first valve in the series and it does not have power beyond. There is absolutely no advantage in plumbing a valve to redirect flow.

Let's not confuse him anymore and let him use his tractor. It will be fine the way it is.

Exactly K5. There is already confusion provided by the dealer for something that's actually very simple.

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use #32  
Please read post 15. The OP states he can move the loader with the backhoe in series. There is no way he could do that if the backhoe valve was the first valve in the series and it does not have power beyond. There is absolutely no advantage in plumbing a valve to redirect flow.

Let's not confuse him anymore and let him use his tractor. It will be fine the way it is.

At least two of us gets it.....

Dale

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use #34  
Only thing remaining and its a curiosity thing only "is what valve" did Woods provide with BH and does it really have a PB port or not....

Dale

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use
I guess part of the confusing thing is this, the backhoe has 2 lines, they connect to the back of the tractor to what the dealer marked as pressure and return. (Not power beyond) The 3 ports on the back of the tractor are marked pyb, pressure and return, and I was told when not using hoe and to use the loader or drive the tractor to use the short loop line that is threaded to the pyb to the quick disconnect on the pressure line QD on the tractor.
I've dealt with industrial hydraulics on combines, logging equipment ect since a young age, something about this just doesn't make sense, I think I'm going to call Metzger equipment tomorrow they seem to be one of the largest and One of the first searches that come up for Massey dealers. Hopefully I can get a straight answer.
in the meantime I have erred on the side of caution because I don't want to risk damaging a 40k plus new tractor.
I truly appreciate all the answers an input I have gotten and hopefully we will be at the end of this mystery soon. And I will update everybody as to what the resolution is.

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use #36  
Yes when you drop the backhoe that would be correct. As long as it is connected, the only thing that probably would not work is the three point. That is a good thing because it is locked down for the backhoe to be installed.

When the backhoe valve is disconnected from the series, then you must loop power back to power beyond. Running the engine without the loop or the backhoe valve will damage your system because the pump will be pumping but fluid can not flow except over the pressure relief. If you can lift the loader with the backhoe installed, there is no way you are going to damage anything. You will not be able to use the backhoe valve at the same time as loader valve because the loader valve will redirect the flow to your loader cylinders. Once you release the loader valve, flow will be available for the backhoe valve. If you are not using the loader valve or backhoe valve the flow will simply go back to the tank.

That is the only way to do it safely. If you do as has been suggested, you will allow fluid to be available for the 3 point hitch. If you accidentally try to raise the 3pt, you will dead head the pump because the 3pt is locked down. From what I can tell, they have plumbed everything correctly but just did not explain the procedure to you properly.

However, you should talk to someone that can make you feel comfortable before doing anything. I just hate for you to go through the trouble and expense of adding a diverter valve and wind up damaging your pump. Please do let us know how it goes and if you still want to move forward with this project we will be glad to help.

Finally got the definitive answer!
The tech that installed it did some research and still was not sure and said I'm better off looping it any time I'm not using the hoe.

Discussed with a long time Massey service tech and manager....
He said, ONLY TIME YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT AND LOOP THE POWER BEYONG IS WHEN YOU REMOVE THE HOE FROM THE TRACTOR.
The fluid goes to the hoe first, then the loader, and I can operate all functions of the tractor, hoe, loader, driving, without doing anything further. Just like I always thought it should have been and just like so many stated here. I'm really glad I reached out and started getting more and more of the same answers that convinced me to do further research and not have to waste the time and money making a diverter system, so now I can use the time and money making something else for the tractor instead!

Thank you to everyone for your advise, coments and input on this issue.
This is a great community.

Problem solved (that never should have been a problem in the first place) Tech needs additional training.....

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use #38  
The tech that installed it did some research and still was not sure and said I'm better off looping it any time I'm not using the hoe.

He said, ONLY TIME YOU NEED TO DISCONNECT AND LOOP THE POWER BEYONG IS WHEN YOU REMOVE THE HOE FROM THE TRACTOR.
The fluid goes to the hoe first, then the loader, and I can operate all functions of the tractor, hoe, loader, driving, without doing anything further. Just like I always thought it should have been and just like so many stated here. I'm really glad I reached out and started getting more and more of the same answers that convinced me to do further research and not have to waste the time and money making a diverter system, so now I can use the time and money making something else for the tractor instead!

Problem solved (that never should have been a problem in the first place) Tech needs additional training.....

Not everyone in a dealership is the brightest bulb in chandelier...

Dale

/ Power beyond modification for ease of use #39  

I am glad you found the answer you were looking for! You should always be comfortable with the advice given here or anywhere else before implementing our recommendations. :thumbsup:

I am glad you found the answer you were looking for! You should always be comfortable with the advice given here or anywhere else before implementing our recommendations.
Yes, and those warning stickers they put on the rear window near the power beyond ports and also on the windshield above the dash need to be completely reworded.
And the techs need to be educated on how this system ACTUALLY works, especially since they are the ones doing the delivery/customer walk through, education for the new equipment.