Power steering axle pivot point outboard

/ Power steering axle pivot point outboard #1  

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
On the power steering joint (right hand side) I have about 1/4" of play. The left hand side has about 1/16" play.
The question is, should I tighten up the right side or just ignore it?

/ Power steering axle pivot point outboard #2  
Might check your toe-in. Adjust it and the problem might be corrected.

/ Power steering axle pivot point outboard
Tie rod ends are okay as is the toe in. It is the power steering joint and the play is up and down 1/4".

/ Power steering axle pivot point outboard #4  
I recall another owner reported something similar here and had previously replaced one side. He said his PS cylinder ends had no grease fittings so he installed some. My DK came (used) with grease fittings at both ends of PS cylinder.

I wonder if this grease fitting might be a dealer-installed item which doesn't always get installed? On my loader, two pairs of the (dealer-installed) pins were reversed such that one pivot set had two grease fittings and the other had none. Considering the errors I've seen in Kioti tech data, it would not surprise me if a couple assembly steps got omitted.

/ Power steering axle pivot point outboard #5  
I recall another owner reported something similar here and had previously replaced one side. He said his PS cylinder ends had no grease fittings so he installed some. My DK came (used) with grease fittings at both ends of PS cylinder.

I wonder if this grease fitting might be a dealer-installed item which doesn't always get installed? On my loader, two pairs of the (dealer-installed) pins were reversed such that one pivot set had two grease fittings and the other had none. Considering the errors I've seen in Kioti tech data, it would not surprise me if a couple assembly steps got omitted.

That was me. I had both replaced at 105 hrs under warranrty. They now developed play again at 240 hrs. Rather than replacing the again at $210 a piece, I tapped them both for a grease fitting hoping to extend there life.

/ Power steering axle pivot point outboard
Both of mine have grease fittings and are well greased. I took the worst one apart (pulled the cotter pin) and tightened it up to about half of the slop that it was.

Last edited: