Pressure in the hydraulic tank

/ Pressure in the hydraulic tank #11  
Well now I need to go look. Sure enough, in the parts diagrams there should be one a breather at the top of the transmission case, but I've never intentionally laid eyes on it or checked to see if it's clear. Will report back!

/ Pressure in the hydraulic tank #12  
Take it off and clean it. Don't shove the dirt dobber into the transmission.

/ Pressure in the hydraulic tank
So I was able to check and that tube is effectively the vent. However, I'm unable to unscrew it because the seat's frame is in the way, so I had no choice but to use a stainless steel wire and ram it in to unobstruct it :-( The end of the vent was fine though, only when halfway did I hear a 'hiss' with the tank pressure being equalized.

I used then my shopvac in blower mode through the fill port to see if it was venting fine, and it is now. Only then did it occur to me that I should have put the shopvac BEFORE raming the wire in to prevent what was blocking from may be falling in. The filter should catch what fell in, if something fell in though.

/ Pressure in the hydraulic tank #14  
Good deal, Sylvain, thanks for letting us know how it turned out. Don't worry about whatever small amount of crud fell through.

I found my breather too, and was able to take off the tube but not unscrew the breather itself. The tube was clogged at the opening with dust/oil and I'm betting that was the cause of my tank pressure. It was never a serious problem but I'm glad to know now!

/ Pressure in the hydraulic tank
I'm thinking this might be related to my problem with my remote valve moving by itself when using the 3PH. That valve is actually a log splitter valve with auto release. It always move in the 'split' direction and not 'return' direction so it could be the pressure building up in the tank when moving the 3PH pushes the valve, just like when it's the pressure build up when the cylinder reaches its end travel.