Price for a new BX23S

/ Price for a new BX23S #21  
Mine have the Flat surface couplers on them not the pointed ones.
I found that at times I have to loosen the connector with wrenches to relieve that stored up pressure. Don't like disconnecting but it works.
I'll have to look up your pliers. I know about the hammer.

There's a variety of decompression tools made to take the pressure off hydraulic fittings. I'm thinking they're sort of like oil filter wrenches in that they all work to some extent but none have become popular.
Or maybe we have become so familiar with wrestling hydraulic quick connect fittings that it's part of farming.

I had one of those tools but seem to never have the tool around when I need it, so it's usually the rag and hammer at our place.

Last edited:
   / Price for a new BX23S #22  
Absolutely right about disconnecting on a day when it's cooler and reconnecting when it's warmer. The slightest of pressure in the line is like connecting two rocks together.
I never tried the part about connecting the implement hoses together when no hooked up. I'll have to try that.
Otherwise two wrenches will also relieve the pressure (at the connectors).

/ Price for a new BX23S #23  
I simply could not connect my backhoe hoses to the tractor a couple of days ago, when it was really hot out. So, I knew it was going to cool right down that night, and when I went out early the next morning, the hoses just snapped right on!

It is amazing what a difference the temperature makes.

/ Price for a new BX23S #24  
I simply could not connect my backhoe hoses to the tractor a couple of days ago, when it was really hot out. So, I knew it was going to cool right down that night, and when I went out early the next morning, the hoses just snapped right on!

It is amazing what a difference the temperature makes.

Do you think it mostly due to the expansion of the fluid or of the hoses?
rScotty

/ Price for a new BX23S #25  
Do you think it mostly due to the expansion of the fluid or of the hoses?
rScotty

Actually, it is the lack of expansion that causes the problem. Fluids are of course not compressible like air is, and so a tiny increase in volume creates huge pressure on the hose fittings. The hoses may expand a bit too, but they are designed to handle very high pressures.

Last edited: