Price for Used RTV 500

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #1  

Will_C

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560, Toro 52" and 60" ZTRs, Kubota RTV 900
I have been sitting on the fence about buying a UTV/RTV. I have considered both the 500 and the 900 in the Kubota line, as well as those from other manufacturers. I could use a 900, but I also would get alot of use from a smaller machine.

I just found a 2008 RTV 500 for sale. It is at a local lot that has a good reputation, and it is very clean. It does have 975 hours on it. The asking price is $6999, and the only option it has is the front brushguard.

My question, are these things worth that much used? It seems illogical to pay that much, when for $1900 more I could have a new one, take advantage of 0% financing, and not use my cash up front.

What should I expect to pay for a machine like that? I am thinking $5000-that's would be right. Let me know what you think.

Will

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #2  
That's a fair amout of hours for something that's been out for 3 years...I wouldn't pay that much for it..South of 5K might be of some interest.

I'd buy new...Never know what kind of life that 500 had.

Kubota's do generally hold their value though

/ Price for Used RTV 500
Thanks for the reply. I looked at it tonight...immaculate with new tires. Salesman offered to move a couple of hundred dollars. I just shook my head. I might of started a conversation if he would have thrown $6,000 out, but....

Will

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #4  
I'd be curious what the previous owner did with it..That's pretty heavy on the hour meter...250Hrs, or so, per year is a lot of use...I have an '04 BX23 that I bought new and use a fair amount and it has 300hrs. I'm sure I'll get hammered for my hours (calling me a sissy :eek:), but that's how it works out.

The RTV500 came out in early '08 if I'm not mistaken...I bought one of the first ones in early 2008.

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #5  
Seems a little high to me. I am looking at a used 09 model with 150 hours in camo with a roof, two winches, hard top, tool box, and a gun rack and he wants $6500.

Todd

/ Price for Used RTV 500 #6  
Keep your eyes open and on the want ads, craigslist etc. After deer season the prices will come down. I bought a 3 year old RTV 900 for 7995 with only 68 hours on it with all the extras- brush guard, winch, Rhino lined bed, glass windshield, hydraulic dump bed and the guy delivered it to my home. When I asked him why he was selling it, he said its 3 years old and only has 68 hours on it, just dont get to use it much. IT Looked just like new. I did a 50 hour service on it even though he said he just changed the oil less than 10 hours ago. NO PROBLEMS TO DATE.

I just cleaned it up today for the first time and waxed it, it still looks pretty good but has a few battle scars from hauling t-post, barbed wire, tools and tree limbs. I've had it a year and only put about 60 hours on it and I use it to go everywhere due to my bad legs. I cant imagine someone putting 300 hours a year on one. Definitely look at diesel as it is so cheap on fuel.