Prices of new pickup trucks.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #1  

davesl708

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200D,
I no longer have a dog in the fight but can't help wonder how the young contractors, construction workers and other related job workers are going to afford to keep and maintain trucks for work.

The prices of new trucks are far more than what I paid for my first house. I bought a Chevy C10 new in 1978 and it cost me $3,200.

The new price of 1/2 trucks are 20 times that much.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #2  
Why do you think you see so many leasing offers on TV.

How many times do you see the sales price mentioned? If it was mentioned, people would run away screaming.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks.
Yes but leasing is not a bargain. The terms are ridiculous and don't go over the mileage limit.

I guess it will be cheaper to buy an old truck and spend $10k on fixing it up.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #5  
It's nuts!
You can't find a "work truck" on the lot, or one without a pimpmobile look and a dashboard that looks like a "game boy".

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #6  
Prices of all new vehicles, tractors, etc are out of line. But, that is the way it is. In 1975, I purchased a new GMC pickup. The next time that I purchased a new pickup was April 2015. 40 years later ! Why buy new when used will do !

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #7  
Prices of all new vehicles, tractors, etc are out of line. But, that is the way it is. In 1975, I purchased a new GMC pickup. The next time that I purchased a new pickup was April 2015. 40 years later ! Why buy new when used will do !

The prices of used are crazy too.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #8  
these prices can't continue.. Remember what happened to the housing market. ?? The vehicle market will be next

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #9  
Yeah prices of new trucks are insane. Definitely out of my reach at the moment.

I drive a 92 Chevy Silverado 1500 1/2 ton that I hope will last me for awhile yet. Though I have a feeling it's gonna get to where the cost of fixing isn't worth it soon.

Though I may be able to keep it for driving around town for a few miles here and there. But any further I need a more reliable truck.

Plus I need to get a bigger one that will haul more anyway.

The truck I buy will definitely be another used one. I don't care if it looks good. It just needs to get me from point A to Point B.

Right now my truck is down due to something shorting out the battery and melting the neg battery cable.

Gonna have to look at it once the ice clears out and the weather warms up a bit.

/ Prices of new pickup trucks. #10  
these prices can't continue.. Remember what happened to the housing market. ?? The vehicle market will be next
I heard on the news within the past few days that auto loan totals have now surpassed one trillion dollars. It may well be next.