Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Going to add a thumb to my m62. My backhoe is a bt1400, not 1400v so I need a bt2385 hydraulic kit and the thumb kit K7545. Any outlets for these kits online. They are kinda an inside Kubota thing I'm gathering and not really a public available part.

Thought about bypassing the hydraulics and just getting thumb with pins and fabricating an adjustable rod in place of the cylinder...but I don't know. Buy once cry once I guess. Might be a pipe dream but I'm hoping to get these kits closer to $3k instead of $4k.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #2  
Going to add a thumb to my m62. My backhoe is a bt1400, not 1400v so I need a bt2385 hydraulic kit and the thumb kit K7545. Any outlets for these kits online. They are kinda an inside Kubota thing I'm gathering and not really a public available part.

Thought about bypassing the hydraulics and just getting thumb with pins and fabricating an adjustable rod in place of the cylinder...but I don't know. Buy once cry once I guess. Might be a pipe dream but I'm hoping to get these kits closer to $3k instead of $4k.

Did you find any solution. I have and L39 with bt1000 hoe, as far as i can tell i need the same kit as you.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #4  
I would bet lunch that K7545 includes the adjustable strut that a mechanical thumb requires.

My understanding is that the k7545 is a hydraulic cylinder, direct pin on install with the bracket that was factory provided on the dipper stick and the thumb shares the main bucket pin,
Also the k7545 is specific to the QA coupler b/c it has to be wider to accommodate the coupler, therefore the kit will also have a longer main bucket pin. The BT4598 is the kit for normal pin on bucket setup. The Question we have is where can we get a kit. Ive contacted many fab shops claiming they can make a kit for most anything. Mostly they do not reply at all, secondly the ones who do have some detail about their kit that doesn't jive with my hoe. ie. cylinder too long, or bucket pin wrong size. or they want you to weld something to the dipper. Why would I weld on my pretty orange dipper when it already has the mount installed? I have put in a call to my local orange dealer, guess i will find out monday what the damage is going to be.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #6  
They have a kit that's real close, main pin size is too big, and distance between pins too long. I left them an inquiry. We shall see. I also have a request in with showtimefab by the way. Hopefully someone can help me out. I will surely post if I get an answer to this riddle. Messicks priced one at almost 3,000.00. They are very helpful, but that price is too much for me, Im not pimping my L out, jus doing property maintenance and clean up, so I gotta find an economical solution.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #7  
Update... Kubota L39, bt1000 hoe, k7770 QC coupler Hydraulic thumb kit.
Showtimefab emailed me with a form to fill out for my thumb specs. So far the best results i have had.
I will post results when I have them.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #8  
I bought a thumb from here photos of john deere machines with northsaw thumbs for a KX71 with the top thumb bracket already on the stick,it fit perfectly an was a simple install. He will build whatever you want in addition to selling his "standard" thumb and I felt it was very reasonably priced . I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #9  
Thanks Tags,
I will call him tomorrow. Do you remember what it costed?

/ Pricing Kubota m62 thumb kits. #10