Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
Cooked up a batch of my prize winning stuffed peppers yesterday. No pics, but maybe the recipe will suffice.

2Lane's Stuffed Bell Peppers

4 medium Bell Peppers

1/2 c. chopped onion

1/2 c. instant rice

1/2 teaspoon each oregano & basil (I like a bit more than this)

1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (or to taste; more if desired)

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2/3 pound ground beef

1/3 pound sausage (I like Jimmy Dean Sage)

1 - 15 oz. diced tomatoes

1 tablespoon worchestershire sauce

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Cut off tops of peppers; clean out seeds. Boil in salted water to cover for 5 minutes. Remove peppers,

and let drain upside down on paper towels. Salt inside of peppers, arrange in baking pan. In large

skillet, brown and crumble ground meat, add onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.

Stir in tomatoes, rice, worchestershire sauce, spices, pepper and water, if needed. cook covered for 15

minutes or until rice is done. Taste; add some salt if needed. Spoon mixture into peppers. Place any

left over mixture around peppers in dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar. Bake

at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese; let stand

for 5 minutes.

Best served with toasted garlic bread

Last edited:
   / Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #3  
It's good thing we got some distance between us. :licking:

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers
It's good thing we got some distance between us. :licking:

We have fixed them for the Lodge a time or two; they are very well received. Yeah, too bad you're not my neighbor...I would let you sample my smoked baby backs; chicken wings, and who knows...maybe even a big old rib eye!

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #5  
We have fixed them for the Lodge a time or two; they are very well received. Yeah, too bad you're not my neighbor...I would let you sample my smoked baby backs; chicken wings, and who knows...maybe even a big old rib eye!

Sounds very good 2Lane . . . Elk or Eagle lodge, I frequent my VFW . . . and I love stuffed bell peppers!

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers
Sounds very good 2Lane . . . Elk or Eagle lodge, I frequent my VFW . . . and I love stuffed bell peppers!

Elks; #2578. Unfortunately, it is suffering the fate of many other lodges and organizations, membership is dwindling. Seems like the younger folks have better things to do that sit around, drink beer, BS and eat.

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #7  
Elks; #2578. Unfortunately, it is suffering the fate of many other lodges and organizations, membership is dwindling. Seems like the younger folks have better things to do that sit around, drink beer, BS and eat.

:eek: It's a sad day now 2Lane, very sad . . .

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #8  
I love bell peppers. What prize did you win with them?

/ Prize winning Stuffed Bell Peppers #10  

Molalla1,
If it's not a fraternal secret please tell me how you knew it wasn't a Moose lodge? Just curious.