Property line and neighbor mowing spraying

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying
Told the neighbor about two years ago to stay on his side of the property line and it has been fine since until recently. He stopped mowing himself and hired a guy to come in and maintain his property. And this guy is not following any advice I give him and the owner is AWOL

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #12  
The tree planting along the fence consists of about a 1000 hardwood trees that Maryland forest service and US ag service planted on my property in an effort to protect run off and discharges out to the bay along Maryland's coast. Part of the program is not to cut grass during the summer to protect wildlife and bird life. The neighbor mowing part of it violates my agreement for the planting. I have reported it to the agency and asked them to come out and inspect and record the situation. In the meantime plan to build up the fence and post more no trespassing signs along the property line

Get the agency to put it in writing, figure out the financial damage it'll cost you in your agreement with the state, hire an attorney to send him a cease and desist order and a bill for the damages plus attorney fees.

Having entered into a similar agreement with our state back in the late 80's, I understand your concerns. Fortunately, our only neighbor had similar love of nature and did similar work on his property. Good luck with your situation.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #13  
Aha now I understand. By all means, send a certified letter to him if you can't raise and explain the issue to him face to face.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #14  
Told the neighbor about two years ago to stay on his side of the property line and it has been fine since until recently. He stopped mowing himself and hired a guy to come in and maintain his property. And this guy is not following any advice I give him and the owner is AWOL
Now you've changed the story again and we're no longer dealing with the property owner, but hired help. Is this just some guy, or a landscaping company? That could make a huge difference in liability.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #15  
Now you've changed the story again and we're no longer dealing with the property owner, but hired help. Is this just some guy, or a landscaping company? That could make a huge difference in liability.

He's still dealing with the neighboring property owner, because the neighboring property owner is responsible for the guy that was hired to do the work.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #16  
The OP isn't responsible for what his neighbor does if a reasonable attempt to fence the part not to be cut was taken. I would forget about it and move on and let the gardener cut what he wants as long as it doesn't damage the new trees.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying
Thank you for all the suggestions and comments
The plan forward is to get the tree planting agency to inspect and do whatever they may choose.
Then I will write a letter to the owner explaining the issues and ask him to stop mowing and spraying the property.
And next I will build a more substantial fence along the line including installation of cameras.
If we still have problems I will fill up the area with tree trunks and debris which we have plenty of and easy to do with the FEL.
If still not solved have an attorney lined up but will have to commit to a 3000 retainer to begin with and it could go up from there depending on the owners response

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #18  
You're having similar troubles with your neighbor as we're having with the one on our west side. Life was fine for about 17 or 18 years here when he and his wife lived in Taxachusetts and rented out 1 to 3 years at a time to various people. Never any problems with them, and I go naked all the time outside (like the neighbor on the other side).

They moved back 2 or 3 years ago and promptly put in some more trees about 6 or 8 feet from our property line. This is after getting it resurveyed and putting ugly metal stakes about every 75 ft. He was using a tree planting service using a back hoe. This was in 2018 with gobs of rain. Soil was soft. No need for a back hoe. They cut our phone line in 2 places. Then he claimed that HE has no easement for OUR phone line on HIS land (there is, almost nation wide: 10 ft each side of the line). We had internet and phone with Centurylink at that time. They came out to put in a new line. He stood out there defying them not to put it on HIS land. They came back later and between us and CL came up with a way to put a new phone line completely on our property.

The back woods had gotten grown up. So, he hired an outfit with a big CAT with a big flail mower on front to whack down everything between the trees. Some chunks were hurled over this way.

He uses a 30-06 or something similar to shoot hooved rats in his cleared back property now. No problem with me on this as long as no chance in the bullets crossing over our land. Have alerted neighbors who sometimes sneak across the very back of his property about this. We used to hike back up the big dam and across the lower part of his property. His wife almost attacked us one day when she saw us doing this. Guess she knew about his shooting tendencies. Didn't know about it then. Have had to relocate a people crossing bridge from his property on the trails I maintain down there to a spot on our property.

He's a good guy, Vietnam vet and all same year over there as me, but he's a dork.

Ralph

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #19  
The tree planting along the fence consists of about a 1000 hardwood trees that Maryland forest service and US ag service planted on my property in an effort to protect run off and discharges out to the bay along Maryland's coast. Part of the program is not to cut grass during the summer to protect wildlife and bird life. The neighbor mowing part of it violates my agreement for the planting. I have reported it to the agency and asked them to come out and inspect and record the situation. In the meantime plan to build up the fence and post more no trespassing signs along the property line

do you have paperwork on this program directed to you. Take a copy to your neighbor and show why its not to be cut.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #20  
It may depend on state law.

Ohio fence law requires that you keep 4 feet clear on your side of the fence. As far as I can tell, it used to be the neighbor had the right to clear the 4 feet on your side of the fence but now has to go file a complaint.

If you are building a property line fence, you have the right to 10 feet of access on his side of he fence for construction.

Different laws in different states, but make sure that you understand your states laws.

Ken