Property line and neighbor mowing spraying

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #21  
Not sure why the OP was upset that he was mowing a strip on his side? Just the principle?

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #22  
Not sure why the OP was upset that he was mowing a strip on his side? Just the principle?

Read post #7.... he's not allowed to mow it certain times of the yer per agreement with the state on a planting project.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #23  
Also, the principle of:

Please don't mow my side of the fence.

Guy does it anyway.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #24  
You tried warning him.
Maybe you need to put some iron pipe in, pounded down far enough so they are just above mower blade height. Post a sign warning.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying
Newbury. that will stop him mowing as I did by placing a few branches along the line but now he sprays it with Roundup

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #26  
WOW - 2000' - that is over a ⅓ of a mile - that is a LOT of mowing....

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #27  
Oh come on. You really have to ask? A person like that would not be a "neighbor" to me. Call the sheriff/police and record a trespass against him/her. The next time it happens, he/she goes to jail. You better have proof though. Like a survey of your property and game camera photos. See a lawyer for damages. As before, you need proof. Sounds to me like he wants a confrontation. Give him one but don't leave traps or you'll go to jail.

Post #2, the first response. Yes, it really is just that simple.

If the adjoining property owner is acting through a contractor simply press charges against them both.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #28  
If the vegetation was planted and maintained under some agreement connected to the Chesapeake Bay Protection Act, then there could be fines for removing/killing/mowing the vegetation. The back part of my property is under an agreement like this and it's well known that we can't alter the vegetation without a permit. I have no problem with this. The policy was enacted to prevent erosion and sedimentation problems resulting from excessive clearing and runoff (largely linked to farming and logging).

If it were me I'd dig into the details of the agreement and it may be that the guy who was mowing and killing weeds just signed himself up for a big fine.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying #29  
Just spraying herbicides on another's property would cause you all sorts of trouble here. Unfortunately in the OP's case, the landowner is ultimately responsible for maintaining the contract he signed to not mow the area in question

I think it would cause him a lot of trouble almost anywhere. As long as the OP can prove up damages.

/ Property line and neighbor mowing spraying
I was finally able to catch up with my neighbor to talk about his contractor mowing and spraying my property. Told him what his lawn contractor had done and he was quite surprised. Next I told him about the State of Maryland had planted the tree stands and that maintenance was under their supervision for the next 15 years including the grass. Then I went into how this could be very involved if the State wanted to pursue it. The tone of the conversation changed on the spot to apologize and it would not happen again. So we will see