PT 1460/2460 Utility Grapple trade for/towards Mower/Bush Hog/Power Rake/?

/ PT 1460/2460 Utility Grapple trade for/towards Mower/Bush Hog/Power Rake/? #1  

NC1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Power-Trac PT1460
The 1460 I recently purchased came with the utility grapple that I'm not going to use, already have a grapple.
Wanted to see if anyone wanted to trade for/towards a Mower/Bush Hog/Power Rake/ or other 1460/2460 attachments?
Let me know what you have. I'm just north of Charlotte, NC. Willing to travel a few states depending on the deal.

Last edited:
   / PT 1460/2460 Utility Grapple trade for/towards Mower/Bush Hog/Power Rake/? #2  
Welcome to the PT1460 club!
You and m5040 are the only others on here who have posted about the 1460 model.
Mine continues to run strong!
Built my house with it and now I am moving on to an ADU and my garage soon.
The biggest consistent problem I have with mine is that the gas tank is not lined and it will send fine metal particles into the fuel line. I have placed filters inline prior to the duetz engine fuel filters to get the bulk of the particles out before they become a problem.
If you start to loose power intermittently that is your issue.

/ PT 1460/2460 Utility Grapple trade for/towards Mower/Bush Hog/Power Rake/? #3  
Welcome to the PT1460 club!
You and m5040 are the only others on here who have posted about the 1460 model.
Mine continues to run strong!
Built my house with it and now I am moving on to an ADU and my garage soon.
The biggest consistent problem I have with mine is that the gas tank is not lined and it will send fine metal particles into the fuel line. I have placed filters inline prior to the duetz engine fuel filters to get the bulk of the particles out before they become a problem.
If you start to loose power intermittently that is your issue.
Sorry to hear that you have a metal particle issue. Have you tried
Por-15? It is easy to apply, though best if you do something like sand blast the tank first.

Is there perhaps a way that water is getting into your fuel or tank? IIRC, @woodlandfarms (same engine?) had a water issue with his diesel storage that gave him some trouble. I switched to Wavian Jerry cans, and use a diesel additive like "Opti-lube Summer", or "Sea-Foam", as these Deutz were designed for older, higher lubricity diesel, not the modern ULSD.

All the best,

Peter

/ PT 1460/2460 Utility Grapple trade for/towards Mower/Bush Hog/Power Rake/? #4  
Yup. I had the same issue. A bit of water in the bottom of my tank caused rust and then mayhem. I cut the top open in the tank so I could reach in and sand then hit it with por. No issues since.