PT-425 at auction today

/ PT-425 at auction today #1  

Frank Sorbello

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT-422
I went to the auction in Denver, Pa that had the PT-425. It was a clean machine, low hours many attachments and trailer. It had the 25 hp Kohler. It started right up every time. I did bid on it up to $12,500, however there was a low reserve at $17,000 that we didn't know about until the bidding was over. The sellers did agree to sell at $16,000.
Dan the buyer, I think made a great buy. Most of the equipment looked as though they were never used. If I had more money I would have bought it.
The Kohler engine is the way to go. I wish Power Trac would offer a Kohler again. I have seen a half dozen or so PT 422/425s all with Subarus. They all were hard starting. This PT-425 today has convinced me Kohler is the only way to go.

/ PT-425 at auction today #2  
I would have liked to have gone to the sale but did not make it. It looked like a lot of attachments, some I would like to have but I did not want to buy everything. I was hoping some of the attachments would be sold separately but they said all would be sold together.

/ PT-425 at auction today #3  
16k was a steal...that's a 5000 dollar trailer alone with the machine and attachments he did well...

/ PT-425 at auction today #4  
I went to the auction in Denver, Pa that had the PT-425. It was a clean machine, low hours many attachments and trailer. It had the 25 hp Kohler. It started right up every time. I did bid on it up to $12,500, however there was a low reserve at $17,000 that we didn't know about until the bidding was over. The sellers did agree to sell at $16,000.
Dan the buyer, I think made a great buy. Most of the equipment looked as though they were never used. If I had more money I would have bought it.
The Kohler engine is the way to go. I wish Power Trac would offer a Kohler again. I have seen a half dozen or so PT 422/425s all with Subarus. They all were hard starting. This PT-425 today has convinced me Kohler is the only way to go.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for posting this - I was very curious about what it went for.

Bill

/ PT-425 at auction today #5  
Hi,
So I'm Dan, the guy who took home the PT-425 at the auction in PA. I am really grateful to Frank for giving me the once around a PT - it helped a lot. I have been looking for a long time, with the plan to eventually buy a 1430, but this 425 came along just in time for all the work I have planned for her. It must have been comical watching me try to load all the implements after the auction on the trailer and the truck - I got to experience the PT Pucker on my first go around attempting to lift the dirt rake into my truck . . . It took me over an hour to figure it all out and get it strapped down for the long drive to VA. Of course, luck being fleeting, my truck broke down on the side of the highway pulling the PT trailer, but I eventually got the trailer home by midnight, just in time to get ready to go to work. So I had not been able to do anything with the PT until today. I used the 425 to spot the trailer (which I can just barely lift before my rear tires pop in the air) and put the bucket to use to move some cement and then the PHD to put in a sign post (No, the sign doesn't announce that I am a proud PT owner like my wife suspected . . .). When I get time off of work this weekend I will start going through the PT, probably should change the fluids, hit the grease points and learn what is what. I know one of the parking brake cables is disconnected and clamped with vise grips.

I'm glad to hear that I got this for a good price, as I was not really sure at the time. Frank helped a lot showing me the value of what I have now, as did your posts. I'll lurk on the forum to find out the maintenance I should do right away, but if any of you have any tips - I'll take them.

I'm really excited to FINALLY have joined the PT club, and can't wait to put this machine to work on our new property - there is a lot for her to do. Once I figure out pics, I'll throw some up here.

Semper Fi
Dan

/ PT-425 at auction today #6  
I'm with ya on that. If this Subaru on my new PT decides to blow up like so many I hear about, I'm putting a Kohler 25 hp in it. The 30hp Kohler thats in my Steiner has been a very reliable engine.

/ PT-425 at auction today #7  
Hi,
So I'm Dan, the guy who took home the PT-425 at the auction in PA. I am really grateful to Frank for giving me the once around a PT - it helped a lot. I have been looking for a long time, with the plan to eventually buy a 1430, but this 425 came along just in time for all the work I have planned for her. It must have been comical watching me try to load all the implements after the auction on the trailer and the truck - I got to experience the PT Pucker on my first go around attempting to lift the dirt rake into my truck . . . It took me over an hour to figure it all out and get it strapped down for the long drive to VA. Of course, luck being fleeting, my truck broke down on the side of the highway pulling the PT trailer, but I eventually got the trailer home by midnight, just in time to get ready to go to work. So I had not been able to do anything with the PT until today. I used the 425 to spot the trailer (which I can just barely lift before my rear tires pop in the air) and put the bucket to use to move some cement and then the PHD to put in a sign post (No, the sign doesn't announce that I am a proud PT owner like my wife suspected . . .). When I get time off of work this weekend I will start going through the PT, probably should change the fluids, hit the grease points and learn what is what. I know one of the parking brake cables is disconnected and clamped with vise grips.

I'm glad to hear that I got this for a good price, as I was not really sure at the time. Frank helped a lot showing me the value of what I have now, as did your posts. I'll lurk on the forum to find out the maintenance I should do right away, but if any of you have any tips - I'll take them.

I'm really excited to FINALLY have joined the PT club, and can't wait to put this machine to work on our new property - there is a lot for her to do. Once I figure out pics, I'll throw some up here.

Semper Fi
Dan

Welcome to the PT club! :thumbsup:

/ PT-425 at auction today #8  
Congratulations on your purchase , I think you made a real good purchase.

/ PT-425 at auction today #9  
Dan, glad to see another person local to me getting a PT. Hope to get with you if you have any questions, or would just like to check what all I have done to mine out.

Semper Fi
Dan

/ PT-425 at auction today #10  
Jeff, I would love to get together and learn more. I'm not far from Manassas.

Anyone have copies of whatever manuals or schematics I will need? This PT came with no manuals or diagrams at all.

Dan