PT diesel for sale

/ PT diesel for sale #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
   / PT diesel for sale #4  
Between a new gas engine, 4 wheel motors, a variable volume pump, adapters, hoses and such, I see 7-8 thousand in repairs in my head, plus the cost of the machine, makes $10K.

Don't know if it's a quick attach or pin-on system. If it's pin-on, there's another $1500-$2K to convert to QA.

Again, those are all severe guesstimates in my head coming in around $12K when it's all said and done. Plus transportation and no value on your time.

Price included two mowers, broom (sounds like a conversion), bucket, forks. There's several thousand in value there. And you could repurpose the Kubota engine that's in it for something, I'm sure, or sell it.

You can get a new PT425 for $16K. But no implements.

You'd have to be project oriented and love to do that kind of work.

/ PT diesel for sale #5  
Are you thinking of buying this?
How mechanically inclined are you?
If you are even a little handy mechanically and have the time pressure test the Hydraulics if you can. It is likely a pretty simple gauge and length of hose and 1 or 2 fittings will give you most of the info you need to know. Just need to find where to hook into system and what the pressures are supposed to be.
IMO Paying 2.5K for a something that has a replacement value of 30k is worth some time investigating .
Just some random thoughts now.
This is really rare but if the "transmission side is junk" or other wise not working. Yet everything else is working it could be something as simple as a collapsed hose....or a deteriorated hose/bit of dirt foreign material blocking a valve/oil flow. Checking pressures will help sort that out.
Is there a hydraulic filter on it? Can you remove it ,cut it open and have a look inside?
Shop around for replacement pumps and drive motors if needed. Don't be scared to look overseas either. I have saved some serious money [over 60% recently] being patient and waiting for 2-4 weeks for parts to be delivered. Before you buy you will want to know as much as possible cost wise
There thats my .25c worth good luck if you buy it

/ PT diesel for sale #6  
Are you thinking of buying this?
How mechanically inclined are you?
If you are even a little handy mechanically and have the time pressure test the Hydraulics if you can. It is likely a pretty simple gauge and length of hose and 1 or 2 fittings will give you most of the info you need to know. Just need to find where to hook into system and what the pressures are supposed to be.
IMO Paying 2.5K for a something that has a replacement value of 30k is worth some time investigating .
Just some random thoughts now.
This is really rare but if the "transmission side is junk" or other wise not working. Yet everything else is working it could be something as simple as a collapsed hose....or a deteriorated hose/bit of dirt foreign material blocking a valve/oil flow. Checking pressures will help sort that out.
Is there a hydraulic filter on it? Can you remove it ,cut it open and have a look inside?
Shop around for replacement pumps and drive motors if needed. Don't be scared to look overseas either. I have saved some serious money [over 60% recently] being patient and waiting for 2-4 weeks for parts to be delivered. Before you buy you will want to know as much as possible cost wise
There thats my .25c worth good luck if you buy it
It doesn't have a transmission. It has a variable volume pump that is directly driven by the engine. That pump drives the 4 wheel motors forward and reverse.

/ PT diesel for sale #8  
It doesn't have a transmission. It has a variable volume pump that is directly driven by the engine. That pump drives the 4 wheel motors forward and reverse.
With thoughtful/insightful replies like that it is no wonder you have 49,000 messages and counting

/ PT diesel for sale #9  
Getting back to this old post...if you look closely at this machine, it has been modified. Apparently, someone added the Kubota engine, elongated the tub and moved the rear wheels further back. This might explain why the hydraulic pump failed as this would change the geometry of the machine in a negative way. This tractor would require a LOT of work and patience.

/ PT diesel for sale #10  
I do not see how that modification would affect the pump. It will affect turning radius, lift capacity, and load on the wheel motors. I suppose indirectly it could, increased wear on the front wheel motors could create debris that then enters the pump.