Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #1  

killingitcountry

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
Hey all, here's my latest video (yes - we need chaps/chainsaw pants). It's getting warmer so its starting to be a lot more fun to be outside obviously ... for those rainy days ... I just took possession of a 2021 Kubota KX-040-4GTA with cab & 6-way blade. I'll post something up again in a few days for those who like excavator stuff too. Cheers.

- James

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #2  
You sir, are an idiot. Please do some research on tree felling. You survived one barber chair incident and didn’t learn anything?

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #3  
I only watch most YT video's for entertainment purposes only. I agree, he's an idiot.

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #4  
Hey all, here's my latest video (yes - we need chaps/chainsaw pants). It's getting warmer so its starting to be a lot more fun to be outside obviously ... for those rainy days ... I just took possession of a 2021 Kubota KX-040-4GTA with cab & 6-way blade. I'll post something up again in a few days for those who like excavator stuff too. Cheers.

- James

A 16 minute video to knock down a frick'n popple stick And a stupid preload on the tree to boot.

"Took Possession: is the right term, you certainly do not "Own" the tool. Stop posting idiot videos that are spreading dangerous practices.

Must be aliens at work. No rational person would do that.

Eta

Wow. Look at the user name. "killing it country". A recent transplant.. Someone is gonna git kilt!. must be a Canuk!

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #5  
I'm going to try and word this response as if you were standing here in front of me, so here goes. That tree wasn't a tough shot by any means. It is also dangerous to preload a tree before cutting, in actuality, you can learn a lot about how preloaded wood behaves when you're limbing and bucking trees if you're paying attention. Please watch the Stihl videos that teach beginners how to fell trees safely and as you get more experienced, start watching Buckin' Billy Ray to see how a pro does it. I have learned much from Buckin' and I've been felling trees for 40 years. Purchase yourself a handful of wedges, be mindful of lean and above all, wind speed and direction. Amateur felling in high wind conditions is a recipe for disaster. Safety gear is a must! Eye protection, chaps & hard hats too! Be careful that your woman doesn't get too excited seeing you in those buttless kevlar chaps!

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #6  
Like I said... People make YT video's and don't have a clue and people watch that crap and imitate what they do and get hurt.

The OP lacks even the basic PPE let alone any sense.

YT is entertainment for me and not much else. I do like watching people do stupid stuff and not get injured or if they do, they don't video it.

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #7  
Original thread was mis-labeled. Should have been "Share Vids of People Felling or Cutting Down Something Wrong"

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #8  
Hate to pile on, but that shows a lack of chainsaw handling skills and poor understanding of loads in a tree. Very dangerous combination. Previous video shows an artificial barber chair caused by pre-loading a tree, no different than felling a leaner. Bad news.

One suggestion, get a sling, proper bull rope, and proper links and fairlead pulley made for logging. What was rigged up with the rope and snatch block is perhaps as dangerous as the felling work. Also run rope directly to the tractor drawbar and use the tractor to control the rope. Using a slow winch for this type of work is just an excuse to use a winch. It's not helping and will be a hindrance in many situations.

/ Pulling Down a Poplar Tree With Kubota BX25D, Electric Winch & Chainsaw - Video #9  
I’ll be positive. It’s a good video when it to comes to production values. Got multiple angled shots, quick cuts, an intro and music. Good promotion by going on a tractor website to get clicks to your channel like most of your other posts.
It’s a good demonstration on how to create a barberchair condition. You could probably change the fall direction by hand on a tree that size. Wedges would be easier and quicker than all that climbing, rigging and winching with a winch so slow it loses any pull once the tree moves the first couple degrees. At that point you have to hope your hinge holds.