Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24 #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
I was looking for an earlier thread on this, but could not find it. Has anyone actually put the new BX25D FEL quick attach on an earlier model BX25? They are supposed to not be backwards compatible, but I seem to remember someone fitting it on anyways.

Thanks,

James

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24 #2  
I don't know the answer to your question about the factory quick attach, but I can say that Jery is great to deal with from mytractor tools and he has a quick attach that will work. TACH-N-GO QUICK ATTACH BX-TACH-N-GO-small2[1].gif

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24 #4  
Just posted a pic with Kubota's QA on my bx2350. I got the pallet forks also. I've been happy with it.

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24 #6  
I have the Kubota quick attach and pallet forks on my BX24. I haven't had them very long but I like them very much. The QA pinned on with no problem, took longer to clean the old grease off than to install the QA. I'll try to post some pics if anyone is interested.

Matt

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24 #8  
I have the Kubota quick attach and pallet forks on my BX24. I haven't had them very long but I like them very much. The QA pinned on with no problem, took longer to clean the old grease off than to install the QA. I'll try to post some pics if anyone is interested.

Matt

Can you get a zoomed out picture of the whole tractor with just the QA on the loader?
Been thinking about one of these so I can just remove the bucket instead of the whole loader assembly but wasn't sure if the arms would stick out too far when just mowing around stuff.

Thanks

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24 #9  
Just bought some pin on style forks myself for a BX2200 and after 15min of switching from the Bucket to the forks, I've decided to build my own QA plate based on the design that you pin on a plate to the tractor existing FEL, and opposite it will use a hook for the center pin and instead of the side pins dropping in from the top like others used, I will use the existing pin from the side setup, just with some easier to use pins with handles. So hopefully, I can pull the pins on each side, unhook the attachment, pick the next attachment, and push in the pins from the side to lock it in. Hopefully it only holds the attachment out a few inches not to loose any lifting capacity!

/ Putting a BX25D FEL quick attach on an BX24
Just bought some pin on style forks myself for a BX2200 and after 15min of switching from the Bucket to the forks, I've decided to build my own QA plate based on the design that you pin on a plate to the tractor existing FEL, and opposite it will use a hook for the center pin and instead of the side pins dropping in from the top like others used, I will use the existing pin from the side setup, just with some easier to use pins with handles. So hopefully, I can pull the pins on each side, unhook the attachment, pick the next attachment, and push in the pins from the side to lock it in. Hopefully it only holds the attachment out a few inches not to loose any lifting capacity!

Good luck with that, BXtreme. And I do hope you can reduce that "overhang" to less that the 3 5/8" that the stock Kubota QA has for the FEL on the new BX25D. Has anyone calculated how much that 3 5/8" reduces the lift capacity of the FEL? I know that the specs state that the lift capacity is 745 lbs. "at pin" and 518 lbs. "at 500 mm" (500 mm is 20 inches), so do we just take the reduction in lift capacity of 745 - 518 = 227 lbs., and then multiply this by (3 5/58" over 20") = about 18% or 41 lbs.? If this small amount is the reduction in lift capacity, then I would be OK with that. (Later: I forgot, we also have to subtract the 60 lb. weight of the QA itself, so we lose a total of about 100 lbs. lift capacity when the FEL bucket is on.)

James

Last edited: