Question about my Everlast Powerarc 200

/ Question about my Everlast Powerarc 200 #1  

HCJtractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Massey Ferguson 240
I have an older PA200, bought in 2011. The owners manual was a joke. In reading about the newer models, I see they have a dedicated negative port for 6010. Mine doesn’t have this. It only has one negative port. My question is can 6010 be run on my machine effectively, or should I use another rod with similar properties.

And yep, I’m not that skilled, so I don’t have the finesse or knowledge to determine that when I use it. But I’m learning, getting better, but don’t want to use a rod that isn’t recommended. Thanks.

/ Question about my Everlast Powerarc 200 #2  
IIRC, at one time Everlast eliminated the 6010 connection in a design change, but they still welded with 6010.

But then customers thought that without the special connection, it couldn't run 6010, so Everlast changed back to separate connections.

You may have one of those that will run 6010 without the special connection...
Or not.

Prehaps Mark from Everlast will chime in.
Or you could send him a PM and ask.
He has always been helpful to me.

/ Question about my Everlast Powerarc 200
Yes, as usual Mark is efficient. He replied to me in a personal email. He said mine will run 6010 fine without the port. That’s good news. It’s been a good little welder for me.

/ Question about my Everlast Powerarc 200 #4  
Look at your tech spec sheet. If it shows 80 open circuit volts or more, It will run Cellulose rods. ( 6011, 6010 ) If it's slightly less you can still run some brands but will need to hold a very tight arc. Also, If you have Arc Force it will help as well. Good Luck !!

/ Question about my Everlast Powerarc 200 #5  
IIRC, at one time Everlast eliminated the 6010 connection in a design change, but they still welded with 6010.

But then customers thought that without the special connection, it couldn't run 6010, so Everlast changed back to separate connections.

You may have one of those that will run 6010 without the special connection...
Or not.

Prehaps Mark from Everlast will chime in.
Or you could send him a PM and ask.
He has always been helpful to me.

Yes, this is correct. All 200's and 200ST have been able to weld 6010. 140's and 160's not so much.