Question about side link leveling box

/ Question about side link leveling box #1  

motownbrowne

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota mx4700 HST, New Holland TC-29D
I need to be able to adjust the tilt of my three point implements quite often. I know that a hydraulic side link is the best option, but I don't have any remotes and it's just not in the cards financially to do it right now.

Our 8ns have a hand crank "leveling box" that you can reach from the seat. I need one that'll fit my mx4700. Does anyone know where I could find one? They are available online for other tractors, but not this model. I could remove one from an 8n, but I don't want to break it from the increased lift capacity of the Kubota. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

/ Question about side link leveling box #2  
Without seeing what you are talking about I would think you are fine using one from the 8n. Steel is strong for its size and the link adjuster is probably overbuilt just to fit where it is being used.

/ Question about side link leveling box #3  
Search for tractor salvage yards in your area.

There are a lot of crank lift arms on eBay.
link.jpg crank link.jpg

/ Question about side link leveling box #4  
Can anyone tell me if there are a lot of different size threads and lengths on leveling boxes that I'd need to sort out? I want to add one to my Kubota L4740

/ Question about side link leveling box #5  

Attachments

• 12f-0103.jpg
    12f-0103.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 991
  • mmiqLbD3uugshnWBDoldP1Q.jpg
    mmiqLbD3uugshnWBDoldP1Q.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 963
  • IMG_0408.JPG
    IMG_0408.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,820
   / Question about side link leveling box #6  
Thanks Xfaxman, I thought about adding a rear hydraulic set up but I'm not a full time farmer and I'm thinking that it is pretty pricey to get my L4740 set up with the.
I think I will do some measuring and see what my local Tractor Supply has to offer. I find it very strange that Kubota does not offer these as an option. My 72 International had one on
the right side and it made a huge difference in ease of operation of blades and other attachments because you could adjust on the fly from the drivers seat. Thanks again! DW