Question on oil filter and additional guages

/ Question on oil filter and additional guages #1  

wendelin

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 185
I installed a napa oil filter 1334 tonight on my 2420D I notices that the old oil filter was a napa 1344. The 1344 is a little longer than the 1334. Do I need to put a 1344 on right a way or can it wait untill the next oil change? Is the longer filter better?
I also have been thinking of add a oil presure guage and a water temp guage. I realize the tractor has one, but I would like one with number if it was not a problem to install. Dose the 2420D have a place on the block where an additional oil presure and temp guages can be added? Or am I just wasting my time?
thanks for all your input
wendelin

/ Question on oil filter and additional guages #2  
The bypass is higher on the 1344. Unless it becomes clogged it won't make much difference.

/ Question on oil filter and additional guages #3  
The non-Yanmar filters are considered "will fit" filters, so as long as you are using them, if it fits, one is as good as another. You probably will need to get "T" fittings for the block to install additional gauges.

/ Question on oil filter and additional guages #5  
Are the Napa filters a lot cheaper than the Yanmar filters? I have been using John Deere oil filters on my 186d I figured the JDs use Yanmar engines They ought to be selling the right filters. JD actually lists Yanmar in their cross over list for filters and such. I don't remember what they charge for a filter but they are nearby so it works for me.

Chris