Ballast Question on top link and rear ballast box

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #1  

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Does anyone have a rear ballast box with their BX1800 or BX2200? I just installed mine and it appears the top link is too long as the unit does not sit up straight if the top link is attached. I am attaching a photo with it attached and then will follow one without. Do I need a different top link?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 252690-P4070001.JPG
    252690-P4070001.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 347
   / Question on top link and rear ballast box
OP
S

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
And here is it with the top link disconnected and the box sitting on the floor level.

Attachments

• 252691-P4070003.JPG
    252691-P4070003.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 264
   / Question on top link and rear ballast box #3  

Mark_in_NH

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D w/ 16LA FEL
From the looks of your photo's, you already have your top link shortened thread wise as far as it will go. My knowledge of top links is pretty minimal and I don't know if they make differant length ones, but they must and it sure looks like a shorter ones is in order here.
Good luck.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #4  

ges

Bronze Member
Hi.....

You might have the older top link? The female part of my top link measures 10and3/4 inches. I can't screw it in all the way and measure it cause its on the tractor with the blade and outside. Hope this helps. George

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box
OP
S

surfran

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Mark and George,

Thanks for the replies. I am new to 3-point hitches, so I wanted to see if maybe I was missing something, but you confirmed that I wasn't. I will check into options when I talk to the dealer tomorrow.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #6  

Anonymous Poster

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Thanks for the replies. I am new to 3-point hitches, so I wanted to see if maybe I was missing something, but you confirmed that I wasn't. I will check into options when I talk to the dealer tomorrow.
)</font>

Please let us know what he says. I just bought the ballast box to go on my BX2200 but haven't picked it up yet so I'm keen to see how you make out.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #7  

Anonymous Poster

What happens if you lengthen the lift arm turnbuckles?

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #8  

sandyc

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 2380
Good Morning:
I have the same ballast box and it is square and plumb on my 2200. My top link looks a bit different.

/ Question on top link and rear ballast box #9  

Anonymous Poster

You have a longer top link than I do mine sits square on the ground with a slight forward lean when fully raised. If you want to poke though a couple a pics go to my Yahoo acc. I can't attach pics from work sorry other wise i'll attach one tonight.
toy pics

hope it helps

cheers
Tony