Quick Disconnects

/ Quick Disconnects #1  

reb

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM1500D
I see from other posts that there is a hazard to the hydraulic pump if a quick disconnect should accidentally come loose. My 1500D is presently apart. Someone suggested to me that I should put quick disconnects on the loader hydraulic lines before putting it back together. I haven't had a need to use the tractor without the loader, so I am not sure the quick disconnects are necessary. Are they a bad idea?

reb

/ Quick Disconnects #2  
Never run your tractor with the quick disconnects disconnected. The pump will run against a dead end. Either have them connected to the loader, or to each other if the loader is off. Otherwise in 2 minutes you will need a pump.

/ Quick Disconnects #3  
Quick disconnects on the main high pressure line are a horrible idea but are still widely in use (even by me). Most valves are attached to the loader so when you disconnect the loader you have to have main line disconnects to conveniently break the lines apart. The absolutely best way to do it that will never cause undo harm to your pump is to fix the valve so it stays on the tractor and doesn’t disconnect with the loader. Put the disconnects on top the valve going to the hard lines. The downfall is you need four sets of disconnects rather than two.