Quiz : Who made this Rear Blade?

/ Quiz : Who made this Rear Blade? #1  

mangler

Gold Member
Tractor
Sears G5500, Kioti CK2610
Picked up this 72" yesterday. Thinking of using it for snow removal exclusively, as I already own a HD box blade for dirt work. ID plate has been painted over 100 times, but best guess is manufacturer starts with "DA"

The good:

Curved mold board, fairly heavy construction
Very little rust (obviously stored indores most of it's life.
Angling mechanism (with large roller bearing) is very smooth, even after 25 years
Has some brackets to bolt on extension wings (a good place for gauge wheels)

The Bad

Cutting edge is worn a bit at the corners (though it may be reversible)
Came with 2 different sized pins (CAT 1 and CAT 0)?
The large bearing for angle adjustment is open (am i missing a dust seal?), which could become an issue with dirt/grime
Wing brackets are somewhat bent

Attachments

• RearBlade.jpg
    RearBlade.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 171
   / Quiz : Who made this Rear Blade? #2  
I"am no expert but by the style (tubeing) and color I would say its a Dearborn or IH . Thats a cool find for a vintage piece .

/ Quiz : Who made this Rear Blade?
Name plate, with lots of paint :)

Attachments

• 20200720_134054.jpg
    20200720_134054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
   / Quiz : Who made this Rear Blade? #7  
It uses roller bearings on the blade swivel? Wow! That's impressive. Bet it's a lot tighter than my BushHog blade.

It uses roller bearings on the blade swivel? Wow! That's impressive. Bet it's a lot tighter than my BushHog blade.

Built with real steel too, back when men were men...

Still rotates fine after 70 years, although I suspect it may have gotten a bearing replacement. Feels weird the top is open to dust and grime though, so hopefully I can find a monster axle dust cap that will fit.

/ Quiz : Who made this Rear Blade? #9  
That is a great looking blade. Like the pin design. As to dust in the bearing, for a manually rotate blade and then seldom doubt you have a serious issue with the dirt and dust. Not saying don't place a cap on it.