R.E.I. 3 point tillers anyone know who makes them?

/ R.E.I. 3 point tillers anyone know who makes them? #1  

nwut05

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland T-1510, T 4.75
Hey I am in the market for a new 3pt tiller. and been doing some looking around and pricing 60" tillers. There is one tiller brand that keeps coming up everywhere like weeds in the garden around here. R.E.I. is the brand name on them, and the price in my area is anywhere between 1499-1899 for a 60 inch tiller. I spoke with my local new holland dealer who told me they seemed to be well built. But....he has not sold any and that his shop is still putting what he has together so he can put them an the lot, so he cannot say either good or bad? Other local dealers (mainly small ones) say they are great and will almost load you one before you buy it!!!... I have looked at woods and king cutter and several brand colors. Looked at ( kubota Kioti etc.) and they are all made across the pond. I would like this to be a one time purchase for years to come... Just need some info

/ R.E.I. 3 point tillers anyone know who makes them? #2  
I looked at one today but can't find any specs or information on them. Can anyone help?

/ R.E.I. 3 point tillers anyone know who makes them? #3  
This is all that I could find:

Richey Equipment Inc.
P.O. Box 609
White Pine, Tn. 37890
865-674-6042
800-207-2086

/ R.E.I. 3 point tillers anyone know who makes them? #5  
I know this is an older post but this is what I have found out. R.E.I. brand is made by Tar River which is a subsidiary of Belco Resources Equipment out of Rocky Mount N. Carolina. Co-op sells the exact same tiller, with the same identical markings, under the Tar River brand. The only difference that I could find was that the 6ft Tar River at Co-op sells for $2250 and the R.E.I. brand at a dealer in Kentucky is selling for $1775. Same tiller YCT-074 (6ft). The 4ft and 5ft models are TXG-050 and TXG- 06?. I'm heading to Kentucky this weekend to buy the 6 footer. Hope this helps.

/ R.E.I. 3 point tillers anyone know who makes them? #6  
Been looking at tillers myself, found a youtube video a bit ago with a few rules. #1 was basically, "you'll be happy with any tiller" as most are pretty much the same. He went over several things, but kept referring back to rule #1