Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,242  
Got a couple pics of East Penn Monday

1669943488380.jpeg

1669943550185.jpeg

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,243  
Anyone ever hear of the "redstar graveyard"? Saw a little bit of this place watching the TV tonight. Wonder if there's a train "graveyard" like that in the US?

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,244  
Anyone ever hear of the "redstar graveyard"? Saw a little bit of this place watching the TV tonight. Wonder if there's a train "graveyard" like that in the US?
There are a lot of engine storage areas, and unused cars sitting on sidings, all over the country. But I haven't seen a graveyard. I'd guess most are recycled/scrapped if there're no parts of value here in the U.S.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,248  
Railroads seem to have the most waste of any industry I’ve ever seen. Thousands of miles of abandoned steel rails rotting away across the country, real estate under them just left abandoned, engines and rolling stock left to decay. Little attempt (at least that I see) to scrap anything, clean anything up, recycle.
It doesnt seem like other industries leave so much behind and unused?

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,249  
Railroads seem to have the most waste of any industry I’ve ever seen. Thousands of miles of abandoned steel rails rotting away across the country, real estate under them just left abandoned, engines and rolling stock left to decay. Little attempt (at least that I see) to scrap anything, clean anything up, recycle.
I've wondered about economics of that too.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #2,250  
But rusty relics and old industrial sights always have and always will peak my interest.