Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #921  
I agree. Some bean counter figured out there's profit in it. Kinda like watching those gold mining shows. The amount of material they have to move and process for each ounce of gold is staggering. Yet there's profit in it.
How much profit is from the gold mining vs what the TV network is paying them and the sponsorships from the heavy equipment manufacturers?

Aaron Z

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #922  
How much profit is from the gold mining vs what the TV network is paying them and the sponsorships from the heavy equipment manufacturers?

Aaron Z
Probably a bunch, that's for sure.

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
As seen in Chamberlain SD at a state owned RR yard. I've not seen these 4 axle trucks in operation before. Seems this GM unit has sat here for some time. No idea if the V-12 came out of it, but it was parked right next to it.
P1100952.jpg
P1100953.jpg
P1100954.jpg
P1100955.jpg
P1100956.jpg

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
You guys are free to argue terminology, but it still is the states RR yard next to the elevator. My folks have resided in Chamberlain for over 30 years.

Last edited:
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #929  
State owned railroad, privately operated.

Bruce

Attachments

• railmap.pdf
    236.5 KB · Views: 42
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #930  
Some interesting stuff there...

• Union Pacific 6925, an EMD DDA40X, inoperable and stored in Chamberlain but, is owned by the Nebraska Railroad Museum. Money is being raised for the move to its new home in Nebraska City, NE.