Raising The Throne?

/ Raising The Throne? #11  
Put only the comfort height/handicapped when I built the house.
A real let down to have to use public facilities like HD, walmart etc when the handicap stall isn’t available.

/ Raising The Throne? #12  
Replaced our toilets with ADA approved elongated. Makes a huge difference especially with older guests.

/ Raising The Throne? #13  
We switched all ours to ‘chair height’ when we remodeled the bathrooms in our house-it really makes a significant difference in ease of getting up. I really notice it as I put one of the old standard height toilets in my shop-lot further down!!

/ Raising The Throne? #14  
I've discovered a problem that will involve removal of the porcelain throne. Unrelated to that, in recent years, it seems to have gotten about a foot closer to the floor as far as sitting and standing. The knees ain't what they used to be.

So, since it all has to come out anyways, I got to wondering about one of the higher ones. On searching and reading the specs, it seems they only add about 2", from a little over 14" to just under 17" floor to bowl edge. That doesn't seem like a lot.

Has anybody done this? Did it make a difference? Enough of a difference to justify the price?
We have replaced one of ours with the taller one. Helped a lot. We also added grab rails, also helps a lot. Getting close to where I think I may have to install a electric hoist.

/ Raising The Throne? #15  
We switched all ours to ‘chair height’ when we remodeled the bathrooms in our house-it really makes a significant difference in ease of getting up. I really notice it as I put one of the old standard height toilets in my shop-lot further down!!
We moved our old short one to the barn also, but, it was a concrete floor, so we set a little form, filled it with concrete and made a lift, just big enough to mount the commode. Now it is taller.