Rake attachment

finnercy

Tractor
Ford 1720
Hi - I have about 200 tons of top soil (in old piles) I want to screen after a house build. It varies from good quality top soil with some small rocks (inches) to other stuff which has a lot of rocks in it up to maybe up to 12 inches diameter roughly.What I want is to get the rocks out and have decent soil I can cart to various locations to reprofile the ground.

What I have currently is a 21HP Kubota B2230 with FEL, a 2 ton tipping trailer and a 5ft box blade. My first ideal was to rent a mini excavator & soil screener and conveyor to fill the tipping trailer but I can't seem to get a screener locally (rural north Scotland) , so plan B is to rent a mini excavator dig out the piles, weeding out larger rocks and dump remaining rocky soil into trailer, then tip where I want it, use a box blade to roughly profile and then a land rake to pull out remaining smaller rocks. This would involve buying a 3 point land rake. I cant get a skid steer rental locally either

Be interested to hear some views on that! Cheers

JJT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3710 HST and a Kubota ZD21 60Pro
Why not build a rock screen, use it, then sell it? If you don't have welding/fabrication skills, this is a good project to develop these skills. Do a search on grizzly bars.

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
Why not build a rock screen, use it, then sell it? If you don't have welding/fabrication skills, this is a good project to develop these skills. Do a search on grizzly bars.
I'll add to this, check with your local gravel pit, they usually have old screen panels they would sell cheap. Weld up a frame and your in business!

OP
F

finnercy

Tractor
Ford 1720
Cheers, I did toy with the idea of making my own. Seems you can just buy some heavy weldmesh, a vibration motor and some angle iron for a frame and your in business. I can weld so would be doable. Will have a look on line to see if I can copy a nice simple design. (y)

OP
F

finnercy

Tractor
Ford 1720
Had a look at Grizzly bars just now, I see what you mean. No vibration motor required.