Ram HD 6.4 Hemi?

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #1  

WilliamBos

Tractor
MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle
Would anyone on here own a new Ram HD with the 6.4 Hemi? How are you liking it? Any issues?

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #2  
Would anyone on here own a new Ram HD with the 6.4 Hemi? How are you liking it? Any issues?

My neighbors son has one. He said it was a choice of the higher priced Cummins Diesel or the 6.4L Hemi. The 6.4L Hemi did meet his needs like the Cummins diesel would have, at a better price. He tows a much heavier load than my RAM 2500HD 5.7 Hemi would. His is a dually with a gooseneck hitch in the bed.

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #3  
I had a 2017 Ram with the 6.4. I traded it for a Ram 3500 dually with the Cummins. No problems with the 6.4 just not enough for me. Very strong engine.
I pulled a 10000 pound camper plus everything added in the camper. The bed of the truck would be loaded with bicycles and coolers.
if I get to where I don’t need a diesel anymore I would go back to the 6.4

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi?
Thanks. I really like the Ram HD, don't need a Diesel. And now with the 8 speed auto, mpg should be decent.

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #6  
87 Octane. I have the 6.4 (2018) and it pulls my 12K dump just fine. Not as fast or as hard as a diesel but does it without any issues or drama.

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #7  
My FIL who lives with my wife and I just bought a 21 with 6.4. His last truck was a 05 F350 6.0 diesel. He says the RAM is larger than the F350. He loves the fuel economy, getting 18 mpg. Loves the acceleration and power, 4.10 axle ratio. Just towed 11,000 trailer load and said there was no lack of towing power, even up 8% hill. He bought a Tradesman and it has everything he wanted in a truck. The price was hard to swallow, but that’s the current state of full size pick ups.
IMG_2212.JPG

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #8  
I won’t own another engine with cylinder deactivation, if other options are available. I used a “Range Technologies” to bypass the AFM, in my Silverado with the 5.3 L and never had problems, but I know several people who have had issues after letting the cylinder deactivation do it’s thing. Same with the Ram 5.7L and 6.4L; great engines, if you discard or bypass the cylinder deactivation.

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #9  
My new Taco Wagon( Ram 2500 Power Wagon ) has the 6.4L Hemi. Runs great. Got 21K miles on it and averaging 17.4 mpg over that distance. It passes everything on the highway - except a gas station.

IMG_0005.jpeg

/ Ram HD 6.4 Hemi? #10  
Would anyone on here own a new Ram HD with the 6.4 Hemi? How are you liking it? Any issues? Ram with
Have the 6.4 hemi in my 2016 Ram 2500 no issues.Not a gas miser around 14 mpg, s city/highway.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 97