Rattle Can

/ Rattle Can #1  

TexasBoy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HDC12, L4600DT, Ford 4000
Can you guys recommend a good 'Ford Blue' in a spray can? Also for the correct 'white' that is used on the wheels? Touching up my '65 4000 !

Thanks in advance for any info !

/ Rattle Can #2  
I use VanSickle, from my local farm supply.

/ Rattle Can #4  
Haven't found any that don't fade but then so did the factory finish. They all seem to work good enough for a functional work machine.

If you wanted to do a "look at me" restoration I would get a color match from an auto paint store and do a base coat, clear coat paint job.

/ Rattle Can #5  
I'm not a fan of rattle can jobs. The paint fades and does not last.
For touch ups or even big areas I use a brush.
Get a 1 1/2" china bristle brush and have at it.
Takes two coats usually and I add a wee bit of thinner to the second coat to get it to flow better.
Here's a couple of photos of brush jobs I've done on my own 4000. 20180405_064640.jpg20180405_064626.jpg20200228_114806.jpg

/ Rattle Can #7  
I'm not a fan of rattle can jobs. The paint fades and does not last.
For touch ups or even big areas I use a brush.
Get a 1 1/2" china bristle brush and have at it.
Takes two coats usually and I add a wee bit of thinner to the second coat to get it to flow better.
Here's a couple of photos of brush jobs I've done on my own 4000.View attachment 659964View attachment 659965View attachment 659966

A pressure spray gun works best, though a brush can be OK for some items.

/ Rattle Can #8  
   / Rattle Can #10  
There are several blues, depending on year. Gotta be careful. '65 uses more of an aqua blue....little green in it and somewhat lighter than '63 and '88, both of which are blues, nearly the same shade. White isn't white, it's Ford Light Grey. Van Sickle for me too.... TSC and Atwoods farm store handle it here. As good a sun resistant rattle can I can buy.