Rear snowblower storage advice ?

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ?
You did a Very nice job building that dolly !
I’m kinda surprised how similar your Schulte blower is to my MK Martin blower, how do you like the shoe setup ? that’s about the only thing I wish was somehow improved on mine. Once the ground is well frozen the shoes work fine.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #22  
I set mine on stub 4x4's in the hay barn after servicing it and it stays there until next season. Not complex.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #23  
Thanks. The skid shoes are not that great. I run the blower with the top link shortened like it sits in pic 2, then lengthen it up once the base is frozen.
Planning to make some larger rectangular shoes and orientating them parallel with the cutting edge to maximize the footprint when tipped back. Otherwise a great blower.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #24  
Here is a cradle I made out of a found dolly a few years ago. Blower weighs a little over 400 lbs and with a swepted floor you can roll it around with one hand. With the blower still on the tractor roll the dolly under it and add what ever you need to cradle the blower.

View attachment 741173

View attachment 741174

View attachment 741175

View attachment 741178

I screwed lumber to 2 dollies for my blower, and have been using screw type jack stands to hold it up on the hitch side. It never occurred to me to use permanently attached lumber. That will be a project for next season!

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #25  
The OEM skid shoes on my Lucknow came off a few years ago. I fabbed up 2 right angle mounts and welded them to the blower body and installed a set of Meyers snowplow saucer shaped skid shoes that come welded to adjustable shafts. I can set the shoe height by adding or removing flat washers and they are retained with a lynch clip.

Easy to set the height from 1/4" off the ground to 4" off the ground and the saucer shaped shoes are case hardened for wear.

The OEM skid shoes on my Lucknow came off a few years ago. I fabbed up 2 right angle mounts and welded them to the blower body and installed a set of Meyers snowplow saucer shaped skid shoes that come welded to adjustable shafts. I can set the shoe height by adding or removing flat washers and they are retained with a lynch clip.

Easy to set the height from 1/4" off the ground to 4" off the ground and the saucer shaped shoes are case hardened for wear.

if you have any pictures I would love to see them

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #27  
I just set mine down on the concrete, on an outside pad.

But I like the idea of a pallet. I have access to some, and my blower is only 54” wide, so I am thinking I could just drop the blower on the pallet and then carry it to it’s resting spot using my bucket forks. (But I will need to instal the BH first, for ballast.)

I will just have to cover it to keep the pallet from rotting.

/ Rear snowblower storage advice ? #28  
Made a new cover for the fert deal the other day, one piece.

Attachments

• drill cover.JPG
    drill cover.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
  • cover drill.JPG
    cover drill.JPG
    316.9 KB · Views: 60
  • cover fert.JPG
    cover fert.JPG
    360.9 KB · Views: 69
   / Rear snowblower storage advice ? #29  
Some of these use part of a day a year, some old, dont want to work around it all in storage.

Attachments

• cover planter.JPG
    cover planter.JPG
    470.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Cover plow.JPG
    Cover plow.JPG
    469.7 KB · Views: 64
  • cover roto.JPG
    cover roto.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 63
  • cart cover 2.JPG
    cart cover 2.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 64
Interesting and effective outdoor covers you made !

Sold my John Deere crawler and trailer last fall, hated to sell it but I wanted the extra indoor storage space.

Still planning to eventually build some type of dolly for the 72 inch snowblower hopefully it will help make hookups and disconnects a little easier.