Rear wheel seal on YM2000

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000 #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
I have the tractor home. I am going to change the hydro fluid and fill my rear tires. But yesterday i notice that the back tire has fluid leaking out from the axle shaft out on the tire side. Now is the time to do it before i fill the rears and put new fluid in.

I know a few of you have done this. I am at Hoye's site looking at diagrams after i post this. But do any of you have a step by step instuructions or what needs to be removed or things i need to watch out for?

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000 #2  
Haven't been there, done that, but here is what I have read will have to be done. 1. You will need a puller to remove the wheel hub. 2. Next remove 4 bolts and the bearing carrier. The seal will be in the carrier. Might and might not have to replace the seal sleeve. Might clean up ok. Probably need to replace the carrier gasket.

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000
Like a 3 jaw puller?. Then the carrier thats bolted to the axle will remove, then when the carrier is separated from the hub i will find the seal in there?
Hoye's drawings are spit into 2 diagrams and its hard to get a total sequential teardown view.

what will keep the axle shft centered in the axle tube when the carrier and hub are pulled? will it just kid of hand till i replace the assembly?

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000 #4  
2 or 3 jaw. Guessing it might take a pretty good pull. Yes, the seal will be in the carrier. I don't think your axle is going to drop to a point of hurting anything. Wonder where Carey is? I am pretty sure he has done this on his 2000.

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000 #5  
Just Sat Down Winston LOL. Had all I can do lately Ugh!!!!
I didn't replace my collar Clemson.It was pitted but had to let it go. I have it but When mine started Pouring I was just starting to be able to do "Anything" again. Lucky I was able to do just the Seal. Really not much to it. Your need a 3 jaw with my guess CRS. still but at least 8" to get to the collar. Grabing a good hold of is another problem. Your have to Grind/Cut a few places to get a good hold of it and probly have to heat it up. But once you move it your be able to get behind it. I hate leaks on anything I own. So far the only time I'll see a drip is when I park it after a few Hrs. use mowing on it. And it's only a drop or two. It's been a few yrs. and haven't had to add any Hyd.Fluid yet!!;)

Read your reply winston on my unsmart phone, just stumbled upon the web browser while in town. This is my old phone but the newer one was washed so i had to go back to the old one, which its web browser is better than the new one? The newer on did not have enough memory and just froze up. This one i texted in a store to get a coupon and had to go online, i got there did the form and then saw i could search the wed! There was no icon for this on the phone so the only way i know how to get there was through this text message? Anyway first place i went was tbn, saw your reply and tried to log in and my phone would not let me. i was gonna say i saw cary's reply on hoyes site. But anyway here i am back at the computer this mourn.

Cary i see your post and am about to read it.

Just Sat Down Winston LOL. Had all I can do lately Ugh!!!!
I didn't replace my collar Clemson.It was pitted but had to let it go. I have it but When mine started Pouring I was just starting to be able to do "Anything" again. Lucky I was able to do just the Seal. Really not much to it. Your need a 3 jaw with my guess CRS. still but at least 8" to get to the collar. Grabing a good hold of is another problem. Your have to Grind/Cut a few places to get a good hold of it and probly have to heat it up. But once you move it your be able to get behind it. I hate leaks on anything I own. So far the only time I'll see a drip is when I park it after a few Hrs. use mowing on it. And it's only a drop or two. It's been a few yrs. and haven't had to add any Hyd.Fluid yet!!;)

so am i grabbing the carrier plate to pull or the hub and leaving the carrier bolted to the axle tube? Also looking at the hub (with tire on) it looks like ther is a dust cap with about a 1/2 bolt in the center of it. I have not looked that close at it, and am going to place an order soon for it and O-rings for the lift cyl (thanks winston for the reminder) and more oil filters.

I juess when you take that cap and bolt off the end of the hub you need to replace the bolt or else you will be pulling on the axle shaft it self, but i guess as long as the puller is not small enough to mess up threads by going into the axle it wont matter?

Oh winston, the diagram at Hoye (at least on YM 2000) shows 3 rings on thepiston. 2 are o-rings and one is a "back up ring, part #19" It costs $10. Did yours have this and is this a rubber ring? Did you replace this one or just the other 2 rubber rings?Yanmar Tractor Parts: HYDRAULIC_LIFT

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000 #8  
You will be pulling the wheel hub by itself. Putting the bolt in and center punching it to give the puller a place to spin would probably work fine. You sure don't want to mess up the threads.

The lift cylinder ring #19 is a teflon back up ring. It should be ok. Sure can't guarantee that. Looks like it is $10.50. #20 is the piston o-ring. #26 is the sealing o-ring where the cover #21 seals to the lift housing.

/ Rear wheel seal on YM2000 #9  
clemsonfor, It took me a minute to sort out the 2 topics:cool: posting a illustration of the hydraulic lift assembly when trying to gather information about the rear wheel seal kinda threw me a loop :D though I did figure out you were writing about Winstons Hydraulic rebuild thread,;) http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253878&p=2955798#post2955798
Just so no one thinks this is the schematics of the wheel axle assembly, as I did at first glance:confused2:

Yea sorry for that one. I guess you had to follow the thread. I jumped from the topic repair to my order at Hoye where i will order parts for 2 projects, then asked a question in my thread instead of going to winstons thread. Sorry for the confusion, i hijacked my own thread.

Winston, i was thinking that i should put the bolt back in and then push on that with the puller. I guess thats a hardened bolt and will be able to take the force. Oh well it will be loose so even if i crack it i will be able to get it out. but im postitive that this will go easily!